Game 4 Roster Updates - ATL and Captains

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This is one of the bigger downsides to playing all 3 QBs at once, huge risk of getting all 3 injured. Who's our backup for Oliver now ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Let’s just run at ‘em with Oliver and Mason and Howard. Mano vs Mano. Use the huddle and run clock between plays. If they stack the box, use play action with Oliver passing and make ‘em pay.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Let’s just run at ‘em with Oliver and Mason and Howard. Mano vs Mano. Use the huddle and run clock between plays. If they stack the box, use play action with Oliver passing and make ‘em pay.
Or the end run option to the single rb/bb like we did against bg, Louisville, vt - nearly 60 points per game.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
TO graded out as a 90 and “Nobody grades out as a 90. He played fantastic”. However, he probably didn’t practice as well on Tuesday. That’s why he couldn’t play more. Too bad for us, maybe we would have won if TO would have practiced harder?
Gotta love a rhetorical question based on your own assumptions.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited to see more OL projected to play. I hope it's not out of necessity, rather that they've elevated their games in recent weeks. I like that these ATL Charts show a bit more than a traditional depth chart.

Edit: I remembered the whole point of the ATL chart is to show that players are playing at their coaches' standard. So the fact that the new OL are on it isn't because of "necessity" and that Maye and Smith have actually proved themselves in practice.

As the OL goes, so will go this game. Get all these guys healthy and ATL and we're right in there.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Gotta love a rhetorical question based on your own assumptions.
Not an assumption except for maybe it was Wednesday’s practice instead of Tuesday’s or maybe some other day. They based playing time on practice & TO got his fair share by their own admission. It certainly was not based on performance on the field because coach rightfully pointed out TO was playing fantastic, the other QB not so much. What other reason do you have for taking the best playing QB out of the game when the game is on the line? Nobody in their right mind does that.

Sorry, I’m not a Coach P fanboy. He had a bad plan, prepared the team poorly, then when faced with decisions where he could have modified his plan due to demonstrated results, he doubled down on a bad process. The net result is he took whatever momentum the entire staff had spent the last 9 months developing & flushed it right down the old crapper. Admittedly, he had help from the defensive staff but Coach P could have singlehandedly altered the final results had he made better choices.

Let’s hope he wised up after 2 weeks of people heckling GT for getting rolled by a winless FCS team.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
TO graded out as a 90 and “Nobody grades out as a 90. He played fantastic”. However, he probably didn’t practice as well on Tuesday. That’s why he couldn’t play more. Too bad for us, maybe we would have won if TO would have practiced harder?

Maybe the two 40+ yard KORs that had nothing to do with being a QB played a large part in why he graded out to a 90. And, perhaps he graded out at a 90 because the staff didn't ask him to do the things he couldn't do and instead put in Johnson to do those?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Maybe the two 40+ yard KORs that had nothing to do with being a QB played a large part in why he graded out to a 90. And, perhaps he graded out at a 90 because the staff didn't ask him to do the things he couldn't do and instead put in Johnson to do those?
I really don’t have a QB preference, but when one guy is clearly outperforming the other I don’t understand why you’d bench him. To start with I’d have picked a QB on Monday with the intention of having that QB play the majority of the game until it was out of hand. Then I’d play the back ups, not the other way around.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I really don’t have a QB preference, but when one guy is clearly outperforming the other I don’t understand why you’d bench him. To start with I’d have picked a QB on Monday with the intention of having that QB play the majority of the game until it was out of hand. Then I’d play the back ups, not the other way around.

Because the long term view of Oliver isn't at QB. It's why he lined up at other spots and started taking returns, and why is looks like he's being used as a wildcat. The "it's more effective now" isn't the only factor. We're not going to get to where we need to be by going TO left, TO right, and TO middle so we need to try and find a QB who can do all of what we need.

Because the long term view of Oliver isn't at QB. It's why he lined up at other spots and started taking returns, and why is looks like he's being used as a wildcat. The "it's more effective now" isn't the only factor. We're not going to get to where we need to be by going TO left, TO right, and TO middle so we need to try and find a QB who can do all of what we need.
Yes, we do, but the fact is we don't have that QB NOW!!! So why not stick with the best of those we have, the one who can actually move the team down the field?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we do, but the fact is we don't have that QB NOW!!! So why not stick with the best of those we have, the one who can actually move the team down the field?

Because we might have QBs now who could do that in the future when Oliver is at another position. And where is this Oliver is able to move us down the field like we haven't been bad on offense no matter who was at QB? We shouldn't be playing RBs/WRs at QB. Take the bumps with a guy who will actually be there in the future.

Our O problems have nothing to do with who is at QB or RB. Our line is not blocking, and every pass play is 25 plus yards. Do we not have any short pass plays. Bottom line, Oliver is our offense. Or better yet, quit throwing the ball and run the triple as that was working