Game 4 Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest (-7)

slugboy

Staff member
The sacks were huge plays. Our offense was better than theirs, but not by a lot. The turnovers were key.
We passed better than they did. We fell off offensively after halftime
We won, though
GTWF 2023-09-23 at 10.44.19 PM.png

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We did try to run more on first down in the second half with the lead and they were stacked to stop it. King made some good throws to get first downs. He had some time to throw most of the time but they were definitely set up to stop the run. He was by far the best QB on the field. Our DL really collapsed their pocket and did a decent job on that delayed RPO most of the time. The effort really showed last night.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Our DL really collapsed their pocket and did a decent job on that delayed RPO most of the time. The effort really showed last night.

It was a beautiful sight to see our DL consistently collapse the pocket as the game progressed. I began to wonder which DLineman would get the sack or TFL. Hopefully this also speaks well of our coverage downfield.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Outside of the two drives to open each half, I thought we did a great job on their delayed option. Not perfect, but a great effort on defense. I loved it when Biggers blew up the mesh instead of trying to pick a player, it was just perfect.

What I loved is how it seemed our D evolved during the game with one person hitting the QB every chance we got on the delayed mesh. Even if the ball had been handed off.

Seems one way to defend against the delayed mesh is to prearrange one person to go for the QB and another to got for the RB. Get in good body blows each time and they'll slow down.

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We committed an absurd amount of penalties. By far the most undisciplined game we have played. At the same time it was the most aggressive our defense has played. It that correlation or causation?
I think the majority of the penalties were on the offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lol, so true. That was a weird game, but happy for the team and happy to walk away with a win. I’m still trying to understand how we got 8 sacks.
"DIME Package" 2 athletic DE, 3DT , close by lb - squeeze the pocket and short qb who cant see to make pass, then is trapped - need DB s to be all hawks
Hope we can bring this out for ACC play.
Add some health wide receivers and " Gt for the upset"could be fun.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
"DIME Package" 2 athletic DE, 3DT , close by lb - squeeze the pocket and short qb who cant see to make pass, then is trapped - need DB s to be all hawks
Hope we can bring this out for ACC play.
Add some health wide receivers and " Gt for the upset"could be fun.
Darn good defensive game plan assuming we scouted their 5’11 QB and O-line. We also had 3 tipped passes to go along with our 8 sacks/4 fumbles. Might not work against Syracuse or Miami with 6’4 QBs, but we should try against Virginia’s QB.