Votes: 35 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
GT 42 - SU 24

I think our D lines up well against a less mobile passer
Our running game should feast
We have stayed relatively conservative on both offense and defense, I think that starts to change this game and we create more points

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The two stats that stick out for me from last week, Syracuse 354 yds Passing, Ohio 255 yds Rushing. So, to state the obvious, this game will come down to our ability to run the ball and our ability to put pressure on the QB ... which probably can be repeated for every game remaining on our schedule.

I think it will be a back and forth the first half, then a good halftime locker room with adjustments and refocus.
Final GT 31-21

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we can win, but the 2016 is the last time I remember us not losing a game we shouldn’t. It would take a long stretch of dominance to get rid of that feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. However, Syracuse is not intimidating enough to predict a loss outright, so I’m going with

Tech 27
Syracuse 24

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we can win, but the 2016 is the last time I remember us not losing a game we shouldn’t. It would take a long stretch of dominance to get rid of that feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. However, Syracuse is not intimidating enough to predict a loss outright, so I’m going with

Tech 27
Syracuse 24
2016 was the last time we were ranked too. Let’s return to form and win the ones we’re favored in!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

Tech 27
Syracuse 24
I know what you mean, I guess the fanbase has to learn how to consistently win as much as the team ...

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
GT 34 - 27
Its a race to 30 in my mind. We must win the:
1) Turnover battle
2) Middle 8
3) control clock at the end of the game to ice
I think the teams are fairly evenly matched and I don't think it will be a blowout either way.

I think the Syracuse girl who interviewed on Bleav brought up the best point - if GT is even in turnover battle we should win, because we can run the ball and I doubt Syracuse can stop us. That means we should win the middle 8 and we should be able to control the clock where Syracuse can't. It may be a situation where we win because we played keep-away and scored at the end of the half/game - see the FSU win where they didn't see the ball again after tying it up.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There's not enough data points to be sure. But I think the teams are pretty close.

We looked tired and slow against GSU. And it's another long road trip for our team. They get their second in a row at home. McCord is the best QB we've faced, by a wide margin. We still haven't shown any reliable pass rush. Our offense is a ground and pound. Unless we get lucky breaks, I think McCord and Co outscore us.

37-27 Cuse

But, I've been wrong all season, hope it continues!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There's not enough data points to be sure. But I think the teams are pretty close.

We looked tired and slow against GSU. And it's another long road trip for our team. They get their second in a row at home. McCord is the best QB we've faced, by a wide margin. We still haven't shown any reliable pass rush. Our offense is a ground and pound. Unless we get lucky breaks, I think McCord and Co outscore us.

37-27 Cuse

But, I've been wrong all season, hope it continues!
You could be right, but I don't see why the Jackets would be tired. It's only a couple hours by plane and we've had a week to recuperate. Also, the Jackets have been road warriors under Key. I expect to see the team rested and ready. But this game could go either way regardless.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
GT 34-24.

I think our run game has rolled over better defenses than we’ll see Saturday fairly consistently. I don’t think their front 7 is good enough to slow us down on their own and if they sell out against the run I think our WRs are good enough to burn them in 1v1.

I think they’ll put up points in the passing game and make us look silly at times. But I think we’ll get enough push from the DL to get off the field 3-5 times - and then they do score it will probably be quicker which will lead to a TOP around 34/26 for GT.

Love road games at noon as well. They’re projecting less than 40K attendance so if we get on them quick their crowd shouldn’t be as big a factor as it will be for other road games on the schedule.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What say you?

Vegas has GT by 2.5 points, essentially a coin flip.

Poll included.
I picked Tech to win by about a touchdown but disclaimer for those who would wager money on this game...I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Syracuse is certainly capable of shredding our secondary and running away with it. We do not need to get in a shootout with this team. Limit their possessions and shorten the game like in the old days.