Game 3 #GTvsCLEM Media

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say this.... But, I would consider this improvement, if we can stay within 20 points of Clemson. I can hope and wish for the upset, however; its not going to happen... We simply are not good enough to beat a team, that has better overall talent. We couldn't beat NIU, a team with less overall talent. Yeah...yeah...we beat KSU.... However; we should of beat them... Move on... I think we get our doors blown off and we go back to earth... UNC isn't an easy game either...
If we stay within 20 of Clemson, it doesn’t necessarily mean we have improved. It could mean that Clemson has regressed.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
maybe there is more than one variable? just a guess on my part.
Yep, lots of variables. Bobby Dodd had a bowl record that was the envy of every coach in the land. His recipe for winning bowl games was to avoid heavy practice, play volleyball and make sure the student athletes enjoyed the trip.

When Dodd lost his final bowl game (Orange Bowl to Florida) the loss was attributed to Florida guzzling at half time a new drink they had invented called Gatorade. Teams across the land started putting Gatorade on the sidelines.

There have been so many innovations in game prepping over the last 100 years but the mix keeps changing as teams try to get the cocktail just right to get the winning edge. Tech is still missing some ingredients as they mix their secret formula for success. Hope we see that the mix is almost complete this Saturday.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Devin Cochran speaks like a seasoned coach in this week’s player media. He seems like a guy who could really take off in the coaching profession if that’s what he wants to do. Hearing him speak casts a positive light on the program in a way the coaches can’t right now because their credibility is in question based on results to this point.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yep, lots of variables. Bobby Dodd had a bowl record that was the envy of every coach in the land. His recipe for winning bowl games was to avoid heavy practice, play volleyball and make sure the student athletes enjoyed the trip.

When Dodd lost his final bowl game (Orange Bowl to Florida) the loss was attributed to Florida guzzling at half time a new drink they had invented called Gatorade. Teams across the land started putting Gatorade on the sidelines.

There have been so many innovations in game prepping over the last 100 years but the mix keeps changing as teams try to get the cocktail just right to get the winning edge. Tech is still missing some ingredients as they mix their secret formula for success. Hope we see that the mix is almost complete this Saturday.
"Bobby Dodd had a bowl record that was the envy of every coach in the land." Yes, he did. Bear Bryant in his autobiography complained to Dodd once "I win 9 or 10 games a year and all they (the Alabama fans) want to talk about is our losing the damn bowl game" IIWII even for the Bear.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Beatty went in for one play against KSU when Yates had his helmet come off. Let's just hope Yates doesn't have to come out.
They say Beatty has been good in the passing department.... knows the scheme, reading the field, making the throws, etc. I was hoping to see some of him in a couple of series last Saturday, but the score must have been more important.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
FACT: the OC and DC are allowed to talk to the press at Clemson, in addition to Dabo Swinney.

There is a reason for that.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say this.... But, I would consider this improvement, if we can stay within 20 points of Clemson. I can hope and wish for the upset, however; its not going to happen... We simply are not good enough to beat a team, that has better overall talent. We couldn't beat NIU, a team with less overall talent. Yeah...yeah...we beat KSU.... However; we should of beat them... Move on... I think we get our doors blown off and we go back to earth... UNC isn't an easy game either...
Yes, and I don’t hate to say it. If we stay within 3 TDs then that is solid improvement because Dabo isn’t in a position to take it easy on us after the UGA loss. Regardless of whether or not Clemson has slipped, losing by 3 TDs instead of 9 TDs will show significant improvement on our part.

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
FACT: the only coach who is allowed to talk to the press at Alabama is Nick Saban. Coaches are not allowed to do press conferences.

There is a reason for that
It works for Saban but that does not mean that is the only way to address the press. How did Saban do when he didn't have better players than his opponents when he coached in the NFL. Did his only I speak make a difference? Nope! Talent matters most. Coaching is a close second. You won't win National Championships with GT level talent regardless of how coaches address the public. Soon we will have the talent to know of the coaching staff can get the results commensurate with the increased talent. That is the biggest question we currently have.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
FACT: the OC and DC are allowed to talk to the press at Clemson, in addition to Dabo Swinney.

There is a reason for that.

Our guy @CuseJacket
Snl My Work Here Is Done GIF by Saturday Night Live