• KSU by 7-13

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • KSU by 14+

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we win by 10-14. Offense will move the ball and will find the end zone more but KSU will shorten the game. I don't have faith the staff will have our D prepared to shut it down and they'll chew up clock. Margin over an FCS opponent won't be enough to satisfy those looking for Collins' head. And then we'll go to Clemson

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
CGC as a head coach is:
  • 2-0 vs. Navy (2017: 34-26 2018: 24-17)
  • 0-1 vs. Army (2017: 28-31 OT)
  • 0-1 vs. The Citadel (2019: 24-27 OT)
The fewest points scored against those teams was 24.

The fewest points allowed was 17.

Interesting points of reference, at least for me, when proxying this game and considering relative talent.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Im going with 28-16. We’ll be better but I think KSU takes the air out of the ball and we will allow them a few long drives. If we have turnovers it could flip the other way. if KSU turns it over our margin will be bigger.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Not optimistic after watching the d line last week. No chance we are gonna be blowing up the mesh/center so we are just gonna have to beat perimeter blocks to win defensively. Dive play will probably gash us pretty bad if we play like we did against NIU. Gonna go 35-30 Tech. But wouldn't be shocked with another L.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
We all know what can happen to a team when they face the triple option... Do you really think we are going to be disciplined on Defense? I sure hope I am wrong and we blow the doors off of KSU, but I haven't seen much that would lead me to believe our Defense will play with the discipline necessary to stop it. I hope we just don't try to out Athelete them, cause if we do, we could get blown out.
Discipline on defense ?????........don't make me laugh

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
My prediction is 24-21 Owls. It will take our D at least the 1st quarter to catch up to the game speed and real downfield blocking that a true
3O team has. With our back 7 trying to figure out who will get the ball ( with ALL eyes in the backfield as usual) they will get cut blocked easily.
Our hope is that we can cause some turnovers and put together long drives to dominate TOP. I am NOT optimistic.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Two predictions:

Prediction #1 52-17 Tech

Prediction #2 This time next week everyone will be convinced we can hang in with Clemson and keep the score respectable...
That almost seems like fan fiction for the Clemson game! Lol but I hope so

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see a Death March on the Flats again, and that CPJ will be quietly chuckling in his retirement when he hears the score.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Two predictions:

Prediction #1 52-17 Tech

Prediction #2 This time next week everyone will be convinced we can hang in with Clemson and keep the score respectable...
For prediction 1, I certainly hope that the team can get the fundamentals in place this week. If they do, it should be a blowout. KSU might be able to hold the ball for a long time, so I would be extremely happy with 35-10 or something like that.

For prediction 2, I can't say what the majority of the crowd will be saying, but I don't see my confidence level in the coaches rising regardless of the results of an FCS game. I will believe every week that GT has a chance to win because I am a GT fan.

Jmonty71

Banned
Two predictions:

Prediction #1 52-17 Tech

Pfft... You should know me better than that... :) I will be back on the we're going to have the house blown over us crowd... Heck, if we stay within 20 points of Clemson, I would be happy...

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
So many consider this a big game for Kennesaw State, and in some regards, it is. They have their first chance to play a P5 and one's almost right next door. They could really plant their flag as a program with a win.
But Bohannon wants a playoff run. He really truly has bigger fish to fry. I remember asking Bobby Johnson, when he was at Furman, right after they housed North Carolina 35-10 in Chapel Hell, what he would rather have, a win like this over a name program or a national championship.
He didn't waste a second.
He said national championship.
KSU will come out and play hard because Bo is a good coach and he doesn't want his guys to throw a game away. But I think the flag he really wants says FCS National Champion.
I think Tech wins. Maybe by 14, 17 points.