Game 2 #KSUvsGT Media

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to see here.... no responsibility taken and still doesn't answer a question.

Was asked about Sims' performance, he said he said "not sure about that question. He played great. Had two really explosive runs."

Was asked by Ken about the booing leading to changing the FG decision and would up talking around and round and finished talking about not getting in FG range at the end of the game.

Was asked what he would say to the fans who aren't happy and he just smiled for 10 seconds and talked about how much confidence he has in the team.

Give me some Cremins and say "well, the game stunk, we were awful, we are working 24/7 to get it fixed and we will get it fixed. It is on me. This team and program are my responsibility and I will work tirelessly to get this turned around." Ken gave him multiple times to say that and respond to criticism, but instead we got "...have I got a deal for you on a 1977 Ford Pinto! It's beautiful! It shines! It will get you to Waffle House any day of the week!"

Just sad.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
re: last question....meh. Was Collins pretty ****ty about it? yeah. Was it a pretty dumb question that was a repeat of KQ's....yeah. Quinlan asked Collins what he would say and he gave a long winded answer. Didn't care for it too much but you know what you're getting at this point. (Cool bro, you got a lot of people texting you? that's really cool. You must be very popular. How many texts does it take to go to a bowl game? I'll text you too if that's the ticket.)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, when I heard this, I knew some folks would be pretty enraged. At the very least, we can say that we are not getting a change in tone, messaging or philosophy. So, here's hoping the culture starts leading to results.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Was asked by Ken about the booing leading to changing the FG decision and would up talking around and round and finished talking about not getting in FG range at the end of the game.

Was asked what he would say to the fans who aren't happy and he just smiled for 10 seconds and talked about how much confidence he has in the team.

Give me some Cremins and say "well, the game stunk, we were awful, we are working 24/7 to get it fixed and we will get it fixed. It is on me. This team and program are my responsibility and I will work tirelessly to get this turned around." Ken gave him multiple times to say that and respond to criticism, but instead we got "...have I got a deal for you on a 1977 Ford Pinto! It's beautiful! It shines! It will get you to Waffle House any day of the week!"

Just sad.
In response to this bolded part, he somehow alluded to how much he loved the buzz from the fans in the "relatively packed Bobby Dodd stadium".
Kill Me Smh GIF

Edit:
Also mentioned that he knows who is really in his corner based on the people who reached out to him after the game.
1) Bill Curry
2) Josh Pastner
3) his old receivers coach

No big money donors, or TStan.

Last edited:

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Well, KSU beat Reinhardt University by 10 at home last week. Reinhardt is a private university in Waleska, GA (yes, Waleska, GA) with about 1300 undergraduates. Amigos, we are probably going to be in some deep s**t this Saturday. 😳

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
What other team from the metro area have we played? I can't think who that would have been.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I actually feel better about the loss having listened to Thacker and CDP, but man do I think we have a branding problem with CGC’s approach to this presser.

Now is not the time to be trite.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Frustrating presser.

I’m not sure what I was expecting - maybe there isn’t anything he can say this week that would satisfy me.

But wow.

/