Votes: 19 11.3%
  • ND by 14+

Votes: 123 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The weather forecast for game time Saturday in South Bend is partly cloudy, 45 degrees with 10-15 mph wind. This is why they rarely play night games there.

I am picking ND to win 42-21. They still have an outside shot at the CFP and a close game with us will end it.
Well that and NBC setting the schedule K O. Time for Notre Dame home games.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I had only picke us for one upset this season not clemsun, not UNCheat, hell not even the mutts. This was the one game I picke us to upset in I belive it we gonna win 34-28

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if ND scout team is showing their starting offense the play where you just let the receiver go in the secondary to run free for TD catch. That coverage is one of our keystones,

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The two best games this year were against ranked teams in big-time environments - UNC and Clemson. We've been in it in the 4th quarter in every game except Pitt. I do think this team is better than the record (but the coaching is strongly suspect.) ND has some close wins over pretty bad ACC teams VT, UNC, FSU. I think Tech plays uncharacteristically well and disrupts the narrative. Close win or close loss.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The two best games this year were against ranked teams in big-time environments - UNC and Clemson. We've been in it in the 4th quarter in every game except Pitt. I do think this team is better than the record (but the coaching is strongly suspect.) ND has some close wins over pretty bad ACC teams VT, UNC, FSU. I think Tech plays uncharacteristically well and disrupts the narrative. Close win or close loss.
Exactly my thoughts.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It will also be a close game because
  • The Toledo Rockets (6-5) took ND to the wire in South Bend (Final: 29-32)
  • The Toledo Rockets took NIU (8-3) to the wire (Final: 20-22)
  • Georgia Tech (3-7) took NIU to the wire (Final 21-22) ;)

Also
1637345500892.png

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Also
View attachment 11611

Can't argue with transitive logic in football (y)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Also
View attachment 11611

Uh, about the math - if we lost by 1 less point than Toledo did to NIU, but Toledo lost to Notre Dame by 3, doesn't that mean, transitively speaking, that we'll lose to Notre Dame by 2? Just sayin'...

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
ND hasn’t really looked dominant this year (beat UNC by 10, FSU by 3 in OT, Toledo by 3, VT by 3) so I think I am probably more optimistic than a lot of people that we can hang with them. If we play a clean game with minimal mistakes I could easily see us winning. That’s a big IF, but still.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
ND hasn’t really looked dominant this year (beat UNC by 10, FSU by 3 in OT, Toledo by 3, VT by 3) so I think I am probably more optimistic than a lot of people that we can hang with them. If we play a clean game with minimal mistakes I could easily see us winning. That’s a big IF, but still.
I can see it. This game would be huge for us to win.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Uh, about the math - if we lost by 1 less point than Toledo did to NIU, but Toledo lost to Notre Dame by 3, doesn't that mean, transitively speaking, that we'll lose to Notre Dame by 2? Just sayin'...
All I said was it'll be close...

... and still not that confident that ND can keep up with us.