• ND by 7-13

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • ND by 14+

Votes: 123 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I don't think ND is as good as most people seem to think they are. FSU took them to the wire before they started playing good at all. I don't think this will be the same type of blow out as many expect against a top 25 team.

42-24 Irish.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we get boat raced. 45-17 ND isn't that good, however; we aren't playing good football. I don't think we'll get shut out, but we also will see ND's 2nd string in the 2nd half. I have no plans to watch.. No sense in getting irritated. I know we'll F up on defense.. I know the OC will will make dumb play calls.... I know Collins will just use the same words to describe every other team we've played. I will call one thing out. This will be ND's QSs best game of the year and possibly career numbers, this Saturday. We have no pass rush. We have no backfield coverages. We have no DC that has a clue. All adds up to a poor defense.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Who from the Irish has their Heisman candidate game this Saturday? Does our secondary make Jack Coan look like the second coming of Joe Montana? Does our defense make Kyren Williams look like the next coming of Jerome Bettis? Who knows? What I do know is that we will walk away with another defeat while making their offense look ELITE!

55-17 Lucky Charms. It will be a magically delicious victory for their senior day.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am driving down to Thomaston this weekend. Will be coming home to NC on Saturday. I will set up to record it just to see how good or bad we play. I just want to see us play them tough and look like we have clue on defense. We have got to have a decent backup QB for next year. Sims has missed 3? games so far. If Yates leaves then we are exposed at that position. Maybe a QB transfer?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
ND's o-line has been a struggle all year, but recently, they have established their running game a little better than earlier in the season. They also have given up a lot of sacks.

But, with that said, I still think our D will make them look like the Rams when Kurt Warner was there. (the greatest show on turf)

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of things are not in our favor, even discounting coaching: Road game, game time temp 43, ND sits at #8 and needs style points and it is Senior day for them. The smart guys in the desert are favoring the Irish by 17. It will be a struggle to stay that close. Their RB might push 200 yds. I can't see them pulling the starters until very late and only to get backup Seniors in the game. Of course it is metaphysically possible we get all the breaks and have the game of our lives, but my fear is that losing breeds losing and we might be in that trap mentality. 42 - 17, Irish.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this trip we will bring the right shoes. I remember last time after the game it was stated we had the wrong shoes…
It appears we can't even figure out how to get the right shoes on our OWN TURF when our opponents seem to have the right ones for our turf. What a mess we seem to have evolved to. We need some strong leadership/management at the top and a little less RAH, RAH. According to Nick Saban it's attention to details he thinks is really important for the HC.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
North Ave vs South Bend.
Joe Hamilton vs. Joe Montana.
Golden Tornadoes vs Golden Domers.

Poll included.
Notre Dame is a 17 point favorite. They will be looking to add style points to their college playoff hopes. CFN says the Irish will win and cover the spread. Seems about right. A poster observed that the Irish are not as good as some people seem to think...they don't have to be to beat us by more than 17. Another painful loss to endure until next year. IIWII

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT - 24 ND -20. A couple of my Tech buddies decided to fly up at the last minute (I couldn't do it) and there LAST trip to South Bend resulted in a landslide GT victory. I think it was 2006 or 2007? My crew is undefeated up there (that was their only trip and I don't recall why I couldn't go on that one either but if I had gone we probably would not have won and I don't really understand that but as they always say when betting, never bet against streaks to end and my guys DO have this streak going so there is that to consider so I think this one is a lock). Book it, ladies and gents. I remain undaunted by the derision and scorn of the nay-sayers. Y'all just remember where you read it first.

GTBlaze

Banned
I don't think ND is as good as most people seem to think they are. FSU took them to the wire before they started playing good at all. I don't think this will be the same type of blow out as many expect against a top 25 team.

42-24 Irish.
We are a fantastic team with a wonderful coaching staff. The players work hard on and off the field. I truly think we can be great against a historic team like Notre Dame

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Let’s see a little incremental progress this week. How about our first defender to the ball carrier focus on tackling the ball carrier and leave the effort to strip the ball away to some defenders who arrive later?