• BC by 7-13

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • BC by 14+

Votes: 25 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Do we have one good shutdown corner that we could put on their stud WR man-man? Zamari Walton?
FWIW. College Football News analysis of the game goes like this. Tech is last in the ACC in 3rd down conversions but BC only threw for 112 yards last week against Virginia Tech. The name of the BC running back in Pat Garwo and he is a good one. Tech has not had a 200 yard game either rushing or passing in the last two games. To CFN, the key is whether or not Tech can score early. BC is not a come from behind team and a lead will put pressure on Jurkovec. Another possible factor working for Tech is that BC is looking at its 4th road game of the last 6. Road fatigue could be a difference maker. Their pick is for Tech to win by 3 points but the "confidence factor" in their pick is only 2 out of a possible 5. Either way it looks to be a low scoring affair that may hinge on which team makes a critical error in the 4th quarter. Should be a good game for those going or watching.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I picked GT by 14+ because I think we got some more turnovers on D coming our way. I also think Jeff is going to get it going. We just need to run the ball. Just run the ball coach, run the dang ball. It is like my guy CJP says, "NC Two A Basketball is all about guard play, guard play is what NC Two A Basketball is about, it's like I say all the time NC Two A basketball is about guard play"..

Well, GeeTee Football is about running the rock, Just run the rock because that is what GeeTee Football is all about.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I predict this is the last football game I'll watch live this year.

Whoever wins the turnover battle wins. Unlike UM where we won the turnover battle but they are a much better team.

Picking GT to lose, I've been right most of the time (duh). But fuk it. We are favored by 2 so that's what I have. https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282686

4 win season will be touted as a 33% increase from last year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Good question. I do not know but they will do their best to get him the ball...one way or another. If Tech cannot get at least some pressure on the quarterback it will be a moot point because he will get open.
That’s true about getting pressure. But you have to put your best corner on the strong side of the field or their stud receiver, unless we are in a cover 2. Even in a 2-2 on the edges, I’d still shade Zamari Walton on the strong. With these hurry up offenses and so much motion, you can’t always put your best on their best.

slugboy

Staff member
That’s true about getting pressure. But you have to put your best corner on the strong side of the field or their stud receiver, unless we are in a cover 2. Even in a 2-2 on the edges, I’d still shade Zamari Walton on the strong. With these hurry up offenses and so much motion, you can’t always put your best on their best.
It’s challenging to put your best DB on their best receiver. Sure, you can put as many defenders in motion as you want, but it’s so easy for an offense to motion one receiver for an advantage, and you’ll wear out the DB running him all over the field
It’s why defenses run zone

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s challenging to put your best DB on their best receiver. Sure, you can put as many defenders in motion as you want, but it’s so easy for an offense to motion one receiver for an advantage, and you’ll wear out the DB running him all over the field
It’s why defenses run zone
Oh, I totally agree on that with you. I was referring to the receivers going in motion. Yes, you cant follow them or you will be criss crossing. That‘s why I said Walton or our best on the strong side of the field and leave him in place. Even in a zone or cover 2, I don’t like the cover corner laying 10 yards back. You have to go best on best when you can. A lot of field to cover on that side, & typicallynthe best wide out will work his pattern that way while the QB will roll or look for him that way. As a primary.

Willie Clay started out as a Boundry, but wound up as Field Corner. As he filled his frame out, he even got quicker, more knowledgable. Not the fastest, not one of the most highly recruited out of the WPIAL 33, however became All-ACC and got drafted. Ross and O’Leary believed in many, many drills. Some guys are hungry to outperform and get better. Not saying the current players don’t want it, although our secondary doesn’t act like it’s a priority.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I think this is the worst matchup for our D yet. Big OL, mobile QB, Big TE. I think they will do well against our light front 6.

As far as their D, Their LB are big, but not very impressive overall.

We need to outscore them and take care of the football.

31-21 bahstan

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Their QB and defense are better than Tech’s and doubt GT can out-scheme them. Hoping for a win but not expecting one.