Game 1 Media #FSUvsGT

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Alex Atkins suspended for the Tech game. FSUs OC. If they are able to overcome losing half their team and OC in game one and beat us I give props to FSU but I honestly think we take care of business.

Last edited:

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Alex Atkins suspended for the Tech game. FSUs OC. If they are able to overcome losing half their team and OC in game one and beat us I give props to FSU but I honestly think we take care of business.

Thanks, but you may have missed @Tech Lawyer's post #84 earlier, and the ensuing discussion.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
On3 and a bunch of other podcasts are predicting FSU to blow us out and handle us pretty easily.

I hope to God we come out of Ireland with a win. I get WAY too emotionally invested in these games, and my mood for the entire weekend will swing on a win or lose to open the season. For better or for worse. IIWII.

GO JACKETS! GIVE EM HELL, TECH!!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
No idea who these guys are, but I've watched several previews to get ready for the game, and these guys seem to be the most fair and seem like they have actually done real research on the teams. Pretty interesting watch IMO.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
On3 and a bunch of other podcasts are predicting FSU to blow us out and handle us pretty easily.

I hope to God we come out of Ireland with a win. I get WAY too emotionally invested in these games, and my mood for the entire weekend will swing on a win or lose to open the season. For better or for worse. IIWII.

GO JACKETS! GIVE EM HELL, TECH!!
I'm emotionally prepped for a W, close L, and blowout L. We're Tech fans, we've been through everything. FSU has the talent to win, but thankfully we also have some jimmies and joes ourselves. I really don't know what to expect. This is a really different FSU roster from last year.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU OC jokingly said he’s going to watch from a pub. But I’m wondering, what’s stopping him from being on a call the entire game with Norvell or somebody in the booth, while watching tv?

Or sneaking into the booth himself with the aide of FSU guys and just radioing in?

Anybody know the rules and NCAA practices to prevent little loopholes?

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU OC jokingly said he’s going to watch from a pub. But I’m wondering, what’s stopping him from being on a call the entire game with Norvell or somebody in the booth, while watching tv?

Or sneaking into the booth himself with the aide of FSU guys and just radioing in?

That's not really navigating through a loophole IMHO. That would be a brazen subversion of the intended punishment that the infractions board would not look to kindly on, and rightfully so. In an era where the NCAA is grasping at anything to regain some semblance of control, guessing they would use that as an opportunity to make a harsh example.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow

One of the FSU videos I watched this week stated Norvell is the playcaller on gameday so not having the OC there won't make much of a difference on the game. On the other hand he is the offensive line coach so if we come out with our DL doing something unexpected, they may be slower/less effective in responding.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck

TV is like a full minute behind live I think

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure if true but on3 said Norvell calls the plays anyway. Atkins is the OL coach so perhaps that will make the bigger difference.