Ga Tech at UVA - 730PM

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Also, if you guys win this one, I'm actually going to be surly, because it will strike the sweet spot of "we beat enough bad teams not to get our coach fired, but also we suck, and we're going to continue to suck".

This is what happens when you lose YET ANOTHER in-state recruit to UNf'nC because your muppet of a coach continues to think it's a better idea to recruit private schools in georgia and friggin UTAH than concentrate on our area, which includes the talent rich hampton roads area, richmond, and greater DC, which includes one of the best H.S. leagues in the country.

MAYBE IF WE RECRUITED GOOD COUNSEL INSTEAD OF SALT LAKE CITY WE COULD HAVE HAD A SHOT AT CALEB WILLIAMS.

Look at this. LOOK AT IT.

At least your fanbase ACKNOWLDEGES that it's an issue that UGA kicks your butt in-state every year. Our fanbase is all "we're looking for cultural fits". MOTHERF'ER I'M LOOKING FOR WINS.

I like to consider myself a cultured, reasonable guy, but Mendenhall is quickly making me rethink my "no religious bigotry" position.

MACK BROWN IS 127 YEARS OLD!!! HOW IS HE DESTROYING US IN RECRUITING!?!?! Meanwhile Daisy Fuente is clopping along at VT treading water, and feeling no heat because they kick our *** every year so Thanksgivingtime is always fun. But hey, we've got "succession plans" and everything is "earned not given". HOW ABOUT YOU EARN A WINNING RECORD IN CONFERENCE YOU CLOWN?!

You guys are not good, and we should beat you, and I'm scared witless we're not, but who cares because we're going to luck into 6 wins and make a bowl, and Mendenhall will get extended and eventually we'll become the UVa of the 70's and pretend that it's because we're some elite academic institution that has no place to hide dummies, and we'd never stoop to the level of UNC, and blah de blah de blah, and we'll keep doing VT favors, and they'll keep putting their foot up our tail, and in the end we'll form a conference with Vanderbilt and Duke and you and Northwestern the service academies and watch Wake Forest win the conference every year and get obliterated in a 16 team playoff in the first round.

I hope you all get food poisoning. F Scott Sisson
Feel better now?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I guess he got used to having a team full of 25 year old grown-*** men playing for him at BYU and liked the way it worked out, not sure thats a recipe for success anywhere else though.....

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Also, if you guys win this one, I'm actually going to be surly, because it will strike the sweet spot of "we beat enough bad teams not to get our coach fired, but also we suck, and we're going to continue to suck".

This is what happens when you lose YET ANOTHER in-state recruit to UNf'nC because your muppet of a coach continues to think it's a better idea to recruit private schools in georgia and friggin UTAH than concentrate on our area, which includes the talent rich hampton roads area, richmond, and greater DC, which includes one of the best H.S. leagues in the country.

MAYBE IF WE RECRUITED GOOD COUNSEL INSTEAD OF SALT LAKE CITY WE COULD HAVE HAD A SHOT AT CALEB WILLIAMS.

At least your fanbase ACKNOWLDEGES that it's an issue that UGA kicks your butt in-state every year. Our fanbase is all "we're looking for cultural fits". MOTHERF'ER I'M LOOKING FOR WINS.

I like to consider myself a cultured, reasonable guy, but Mendenhall is quickly making me rethink my "no religious bigotry" position.

MACK BROWN IS 127 YEARS OLD!!! HOW IS HE DESTROYING US IN RECRUITING!?!?! Meanwhile Daisy Fuente is clopping along at VT treading water, and feeling no heat because they kick our *** every year so Thanksgivingtime is always fun. But hey, we've got "succession plans" and everything is "earned not given". HOW ABOUT YOU EARN A WINNING RECORD IN CONFERENCE YOU CLOWN?!

You guys are not good, and we should beat you, and I'm scared witless we're not, but who cares because we're going to luck into 6 wins and make a bowl, and Mendenhall will get extended and eventually we'll become the UVa of the 70's and pretend that it's because we're some elite academic institution that has no place to hide dummies, and we'd never stoop to the level of UNC, and blah de blah de blah, and we'll keep doing VT favors, and they'll keep putting their foot up our tail, and in the end we'll form a conference with Vanderbilt and Duke and you and Northwestern the service academies and watch Wake Forest win the conference every year and get obliterated in a 16 team playoff in the first round.

I think you confuse our former kicker with F Scott Fitzgerald. :cool:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

This made my day...

upside... you have Bulldawg as your AD. Actually... that's quite shameful.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Hahaha this is great!!

Your posts have always been so well thought out and rational, I've been so impressed.

Then you post this gem and it all makes sense. You are not emotionally invested in Georgia Tech, but in Virginia instead. Hence why you become just as irrational as us when it comes to your team.

I got some good chuckles from this one. I look forward to resuming normal programming from you however lol.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Bad acid trip at 9AM on a Friday?

LMAO and read this several times. The league would be pretty good for baseball, just not Duke or NWestern or service academies.

People outside VA don't get the UVa frustration with losing so much to VT. It's worse than us with uGag since we lose to a much superior team.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bad acid trip at 9AM on a Friday?

LMAO and read this several times. The league would be pretty good for baseball, just not Duke or NWestern or service academies.

People outside VA don't get the UVa frustration with losing so much to VT. It's worse than us with uGag since we lose to a much superior team.
Just think if the Virginia legislature would not have made the huge fuss about the ACC taking VPI instead of Syracuse back in the day. Then they'd be in the AAC or Big12 right now and wouldn't necessarily be going head-to-head for the same recruits. Sometimes you get what you ask for.

slugboy

Staff member
There are a few nice quotes from JoeHam, O’Leary, and Collins in here:

TL;DR: We lose more than we should up there, and it’s a mystery—no good reason for it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

So, would you rather have Collins or Mendenhall as HC? Binary decision.

I think Collins since he has a higher ceiling with his demonstrated lower floor. I think Mendenhall is a better coach today but ain't gonna improve much. Collins still has so much to learn about game day coaching.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

FYI

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Let’s gooo!!!

1635031974205.jpeg