Ga Southern

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Guldberg also had 4 hits, dude is just a machine. I look at it as a positive that we scored 7 runs and still left 14 on base. The offense is starting to find its groove, but is still kind of struggling. Once the offense starts to really click, it'll be really fun to watch. Willingham was excellent again tonight, Roedig deserved better than the line he finished with and can really help the depth in the pen. Bartnicki also had a huge K. Honestly, Southern has a really good team this year, so any win against them is a good win.

Goldberg had three in field hits. Dude is fast. That's why his bunt the other day made sense to me.

Our relievers need psychotherapy and hypnosis. Or something.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take an ugly win....but only as long as we keep winning.

I’m still not getting a good vibe about this team......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’ll take an ugly win....but only as long as we keep winning.

I’m still not getting a good vibe about this team......

Nope, me neither. The players have a lot more enthusiasm being shown but the results aren't reaching the win column yet. We are much deeper in starting pitching but not as good in hitting or fielding it seems. Relieving was what lost us a couple games last year that put us on the outside of the bubble. Coaching is a constant.

I *hope* we pick up our consistency. I *expect* a repeat of the last 5 years or so where we are a bubble team with no hosting. Hopefully inside the bubble.

RPI currently at 54. 17 games played and about 37 to go; about 1/3 through the season already.

Flush. UVa next.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Andy Archer is out of the elbow brace.

Chase Murray is not expected back this weekend. He has an oblique injury.

Austin Wihite has the stomach flu. They hope to get him back this weekend.

English played in spite of a quad injury and had 2 doubles.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope, me neither. The players have a lot more enthusiasm being shown but the results aren't reaching the win column yet. We are much deeper in starting pitching but not as good in hitting or fielding it seems. Relieving was what lost us a couple games last year that put us on the outside of the bubble. Coaching is a constant.

I *hope* we pick up our consistency. I *expect* a repeat of the last 5 years or so where we are a bubble team with no hosting. Hopefully inside the bubble.

RPI currently at 54. 17 games played and about 37 to go; about 1/3 through the season already.

Flush. UVa next.

I generally feel the same. It's nice to know that we have the pitching depth to stay in the game when our starter gets pulled. Hitting doesn't scare me. Despite the inconsistency, we're still #2 in batting average in the ACC (overall; conference play sample size too small). But the defense is still making too many mistakes.

Get to .500 in conference. Making the tournament, even without hosting, is still moving in the right direction.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I had hoped Gibson and Hughes were ready to be vastly improved this year. Gibson seems to be reverting back to poor command of his pitches, and the lousy game winning homer in Miami could not do anything good for his state of mind.
I was shocked by Hughes last night, I thought he was ready for a lights out year. Maybe the 45 pitches he threw at Miami plagued him last night. I hear he can throw 95mph, I just he wish he would rely on it as his primary pitch, just blow the batters away like Bartniki did hast night. Or as Old Dizzy Dean used to say "if you can't see it, you can't hit it".

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I had hoped Gibson and Hughes were ready to be vastly improved this year. Gibson seems to be reverting back to poor command of his pitches, and the lousy game winning homer in Miami could not do anything good for his state of mind.
I was shocked by Hughes last night, I thought he was ready for a lights out year. Maybe the 45 pitches he threw at Miami plagued him last night. I hear he can throw 95mph, I just he wish he would rely on it as his primary pitch, just blow the batters away like Bartniki did hast night. Or as Old Dizzy Dean used to say "if you can't see it, you can't hit it".
I was expecting Hughes to have a rough outing eventually. I hope he got it out of his system last night.

I wish Hall would use Chapman, Brace, Shirah, and Mannelly more out of the pen. They all have really good stuff and have shown that they can be good bullpen pieces. Last year, Hall trusted Chapman and Shirah enough to start a couple of games, so obviously they have good stuff. Mannelly is a lefty killer, but has also shown he can go multiple innings. All Brace has done since he got on campus is completely shut teams down his limited (3) appearances. It just doesn't make sense to me how he uses the pen. Hughes and Gibson are going to be needlessley burned out in a couple of weeks. Our starters are good enough to consistently give 6 or 7 innings, so just ask the relievers to give you 1 inning each time out. I guarantee that will keep them fresh, but also consistent with more appearances.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Been a while since I’ve heard anyone quote Dizzy Dean. I like it!