Future Uniform Rumor

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
With the thread merged, I cant tell who is talking about the blue unis or black helmets. Is this the singularity? God have mercy on us all.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I’m very skeptical of this “source.” I highly doubt Tech will wear black anytime in the near future, because of the very recent branding updates. Wearing black will essentially set back any work that Adidas and GT have done so far to reconcile our branding issues. Besides all of that, this guy would have to be very tight with somebody high up on the totem pole to receive info on a uniform to be worn next season.

I do believe the grey unis are a distinct possibility of being worn at least once this season. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we came out wearing gold helmets paired with grey jerseys and pants, especially with Collins’ history of wearing grey at Temple. In fact, the shade of grey shown in the Instagram leak looks very similar to the grey Temple has worn.View attachment 6271

This post seems like a contradiction. "They wouldnt do black because of the new branding (that eliminates all colors except white, gold, and navy).... i expect a grey uniform soon."

Does not compute.

crut

Helluva Engineer
As a pro white/gold person, I would like the black helmets once a season. Gold and white have always gone better with black than navy anyways, but I get it's more of an offshoot than a true secondary color so keep it limited.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Also, that Jersey is very much a white and gold/ blue and black dress kinda deal. Honestly my eyes see one color and then 5 seconds later I see the other. It's more likely it is navy because of the brand, but who knows

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Looks fine but lacks identity IMO. Nobody will ever look at these without a logo and say: "that's Georgia Tech"

I don't know if we could have gotten away with the spring game unis (2 light colored uniforms) but those both looked great.
First of all it’s hilarious that there are this many posts about something that’s clearly made up. Second a white and gold uni without the logo doesn’t say Georgia Tech to anyone who isn’t a Tech fan.

crut

Helluva Engineer
First of all it’s hilarious that there are this many posts about something that’s clearly made up. Second a white and gold uni without the logo doesn’t say Georgia Tech to anyone who isn’t a Tech fan.

Ok but I think the point is an all navy/grey (whatever other color jersey) WITH a GT logo still doesn't say Georgia Tech to anyone.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why on earth would we wear black helmets with blue pants??? That's absurd. They might look good with gold shirts and black pants, but even that's not something I am wild about. I just don't understand why we can't just stick with white and gold, and forget blue or black, other than for trim.

Dude - really? Seriously?

s-a-r-c-a-s-m

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think the Blue (to me anyway) is real due to the different trim on the sleeve.

I just hate these second class attempts we throw out. Classless.

Blue or Black - I don’t care anymore. Just pick ONE and go with it.

Some of this crap is the very opposite of branding, and, as I said, it looks cheap and classless.

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Looks blue to me. It has a grayish hue but the primary color in the uni is navy blue. They look sharp as hell to me. Recruits will love them.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This post seems like a contradiction. "They wouldnt do black because of the new branding (that eliminates all colors except white, gold, and navy).... i expect a grey uniform soon."

Does not compute.
Black and grey are different colors, no? Black has previously been used as part of our brand but it wasn’t used on field. Using black on field again would create confusion about what the official secondary/tertiary color is. Grey on the other hand has never been used, with the exception of road baseball and softball uniforms. Like I said previously, grey has been trendy with alternates for teams that have never used grey.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

The idea behind the whole re-branding we've seen the past few years is to push it to that state.