Future schedule news

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for the point about National Talking Point.

The Sports Talk & Call In Shows!!!

My gosh can you only imagine in texas, chicago, new orleans, Nashville, portland, cleveland, detroit, phoenix and other places how the hosts & callers will be talking about our game as compared to UT, n.d., lsu, tenn, oregon, osu, mich, zona games happening the next day or week?

It will be nothing but GT coast to coast.
You need to be put in timeout honestly. You’re being absurd. There’s no point in even trying to rationalize with you. At least the highlights will show up on College Gameday in the morning. Play a noon game on ACCN and see how many people talk about it. Jeez man, I’m not sure what kind of personal vendetta you have with CGC, ADTS, and the entire GTAA but you need to relax. I’ve already posted the lineup of games Tech would be competing against on the following Saturday. GT vs. UCF would be 6th on the pecking order at best, probably closer to 8 or 9. You’re literally acting like a child.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
all 3 of our best home games this year are either not at Bobby Dodd or they are on a weekday. Something is wrong with that
You could spin it the other way and say Tech is playing 3 prime time home games this year. That hasn’t happened since 2015, and one of those games was against Alcorn State. Also, Tech hasn’t played more than 1 prime time home game in a season since 2015, unless you count the 2017 CFA Kickoff game as a home game, which it wasn’t. For nationally televised games, Tech has played:
2015 - 7
2016 - 5 (including bowl game)
2017 - 6
2018 - 6 (including bowl game)
2019 - 2
That’s an average of less than 5 national games a year. Before the first spring game has been played Tech is guaranteed 3 nationally covered games. Games against UNC, VT, UVa, and Miami I’d say at least 2 of those 4 get national spots.

Last edited:

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
With the guaranteed primetime kickoff, Georgia Tech has designated the contest as its annual Whiteout game.

I’m sick of white out games. White outs are special because they don’t happen often, it makes big games bigger. White out against a non conference opponent, in this case, seems to be putting a dress on a pig just to do it.

White out against Clemson makes a lot more sense but even then it would be a regularly scheduled conference game which has little impact on the overall season a win is awesome but a loss would be expected. I’d Prefer we look like Tech when we win not a bowl of cotton. I’d appreciate it more if it were a different look, Gold, Blue, or even Blsck ( I know Ga has a Blackout) but something more intimidating please.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I have already said I have no problem with it, but some people do and for very good reasons. However, the fact that we had to change our schedule to accommodate UCF's scheduling problems does not strike me as a particularly good thing to do.

I’m sure it comes down to money. Non conference home game, UCF has a guarantee on a payoff if Tech cancelled the game I bet cha. I’d put my own money on it. Once The NCAA gave approval to UCF to seek the change Tech was screwed either way. Play on the night UCF wanted or pay UCF not to play. Remember UCF has its own national aspects to consider, they are trying to optimize their schedule too.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Selfishly, I love having a game at BDS at night. I'd prefer Saturday or Thursday, but I guess the opinion was that national exposure was good for exposure no matter what and the only choice we had was Saturday day game on a crappy network with limited regional exposure vs Friday night prime time national exposure.

It's worth seeing what happens, and I like it because it avoids the heat and I live close by, so no biggie for me.

I get the complaints. Just have a different opinion.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech just can’t win. I’ve said it 1,000 times we are the #1 problem holding the team back, we have the softest whiniest fan base imaginable. The same ones upset now would’ve cried about the heat on Saturday.

Amen brother. We have much bigger problems if our fans can't deal with a friday night game for ONE YEAR. Everyone acting like the sky is falling and that all games are being moved to Friday. It's a new era so we're trying to spice things up. I know this is an online message board but let's try to act like the successful, bright adults we are :)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You need to be put in timeout honestly. You’re being absurd. There’s no point in even trying to rationalize with you. At least the highlights will show up on College Gameday in the morning. Play a noon game on ACCN and see how many people talk about it. Jeez man, I’m not sure what kind of personal vendetta you have with CGC, ADTS, and the entire GTAA but you need to relax. I’ve already posted the lineup of games Tech would be competing against on the following Saturday. GT vs. UCF would be 6th on the pecking order at best, probably closer to 8 or 9. You’re literally acting like a child.

When did I say anything negative about CGC?

Much more easy to say you will rationalize ANYTHING GTAA does with ramblings using zero logic.

The highlights will show up on the College Gameday in the morning? You think that is the payoff? Funny.

And if we dont win those will also be the solo highlights. And this Friday game is going to draw more, higher rated recruits to us? And despite CGC talking to h.s. coaches, those like you thinking it is not a negative with h.s. communities around the state are incorrect.

You need to support, contribute, attend and "live/die" with our teams for going on the 60th year before you have the right to claim somebody else needs to be quiet about or has a vendetta against others regarding GT.

Nobody can logically make you understand the cost of making obvious mistakes time after time especially when you assume some numbers on a sheet override real peoples outlooks and actions in real life.

You posted the lineup of games. Oh boy.

And compared to tradition, not taking the chance to cheapen our brand by playing on a high school nite, losing in great part (if not entirely) on campus recruit visits during a game - the lineup of Saturday games is more important.

I will buy into this gladly when ugag, bama and cu have Friday nite, regular season, home games.

But until then I would not be surprised if you are perhaps the guy who several years ago suggested we give up a home game every year to play in Scotland.

Perfectly logical to some no doubt.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How is it that GT fans can look at a stack of data & blatantly misinterpret what the data’s telling them? Crazy. We’re supposed to be an elite STEM school well versed in simple analytics.

Isn't that what the analysis of leaving the sec told us?

Everything will remain the same and we will always sell out and we will keep all that money for ourselves.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Amen brother. We have much bigger problems if our fans can't deal with a friday night game for ONE YEAR. Everyone acting like the sky is falling and that all games are being moved to Friday. It's a new era so we're trying to spice things up. I know this is an online message board but let's try to act like the successful, bright adults we are :)

If it turns out well - why not do what miami did in the George Mira days and play all our home games on Friday night?

If a little is good then more has to be better.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
And compared to tradition, not taking the chance to cheapen our brand by playing on a high school nite, losing in great part (if not entirely) on campus recruit visits during a game - the lineup of Saturday games is more important.

Bringing in a kid for a noon kickoff vs a G5 team isn't gonna shock him into signing with us. No loss in recruiting in this game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In the 70s, GT also played: Army, Navy, Air Force, Rice, Tulane, VMI, The Citadel, etc. It isn't like GT didn't play G5 or FCS teams before the year 2000. (Although those teams weren't called G5 and FCS back then)

As Will Rogers put it, "Things ain't what they used to be, and they never were".