Funny Stuff

Deleted member 2897

Reminds me of a story I saw this morning on The Today Show. The royal family is going to create a Director of Diversity. THE ROYAL FAMILY. Not only the least diverse institution in the world, an institution where you're literally by blood, law, and rules not allowed to have any diversity. LOL.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I personally love Midtown and think itā€™s the best part of ATL, even better than Buckhead. But this was funny cause itā€™s true.

I lived in Midtown, a block from Piedmont Park, for a couple of years and I thought it was the best thing ever. Then I moved to the Old 4th Ward/Inman Park area along the Beltline and to me it's way better than Midtown. More of a neighborhood feel, and less chain restaurants than Midtown, and still close by to Midtown area. Oh, and it doesn't take 20 minutes to drive 3 blocks...seriously, I was 3 blocks from the 75/85 connector and it would take 20 minutes to get there. It takes me 3-5 minutes now to get to the 75/85 connector and I live further away from it now.

Buckhead is OK. It's starting to comeback in certain places. It's very car dependent though, which is why I love O4W/Inman Park area...I can walk to pretty much everything.

Google expanding its presence in Atlanta is good for real estate value I guess...but not property taxes. Google giveth, and Google taketh...

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow

If I work for a company and do the same job, and have the same competitors as someone else: expect the same grade and pay range.

The women do not have the same competitors. It just isnā€™t the same job. Thatā€™s like saying the class A, AA, AAA baseball players and major leagues should pay the same since they all play professional baseball.

Itā€™s time we have 2 sports organizations: open class and women. She doesnā€™t work for the same organization. Win a spot on the open team, and make open team money. And the womenā€™s teams are only women not men- their pay is based on their own business model and revenues. If their revenues and TV ratings are equal or more, they should be paid more (based on what I have seen over the past decade, the US soccer women have in fact been paid too little but not necessarily the same as the men even though the menā€™s team has been a disaster). If Serena Williams gets better TV ratings and more paying butts in the seats, she should make more than a man.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If I work for a company and do the same job, and have the same competitors as someone else: expect the same grade and pay range.

The women do not have the same competitors. It just isnā€™t the same job. Thatā€™s like saying the class A, AA, AAA baseball players and major leagues should pay the same since they all play professional baseball.

Itā€™s time we have 2 sports organizations: open class and women. She doesnā€™t work for the same organization. Win a spot on the open team, and make open team money. And the womenā€™s teams are only women not men- their pay is based on their own business model and revenues. If their revenues and TV ratings are equal or more, they should be paid more (based on what I have seen over the past decade, the US soccer women have in fact been paid too little but not necessarily the same as the men even though the menā€™s team has been a disaster). If Serena Williams gets better TV ratings and more paying butts in the seats, she should make more than a man.
And you would also think that if women are paid less that they would then be the only ones hired because why would I pay a guy more to do the same job as a woman I can pay for less?

Deleted member 2897

And you would also think that if women are paid less that they would then be the only ones hired because why would I pay a guy more to do the same job as a woman I can pay for less?

The funny punchline is that the womenā€™s soccer team is paid more than the menā€™s despite generating a small fraction of the revenue. Itā€™s the world we live in, where someone can spew absolute nonsense that is easily refutable in 10 seconds of research, but nobody speaks up. Sheā€™s dismissed and laughed at because nobody wants to listen to someone who is always only negative and spews false information and hate all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
You going to lose too many people with that thought, that's because you're being logical and so many people aren't.

Deleted member 2897

šŸ˜‚ the screenshot comments are gold šŸ˜‚

Here is someone who doesnā€™t understand why they were booed. Now mind you they were taking ILLEGAL PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS. IN HIGH SCHOOL. AS A MINOR. Thatā€™s a whole neither story Iā€™d like to understand. How TF is that possible to get away with? šŸ¤£šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø