Fun thought for the off week

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Let's play a little " what if " , just for fun .....
What if Vad had decided not to transfer ? I wonder how the QB situation would have played out this year.
It seems as if PJ likes to give the QB the year to play, if he works hard and tries to learn the system . He stuck with Vad , even though he must have thought JT was the better fit . Would that have been a dilemma this year, or would Vad have been 2nd , or 3rd string ? Doesn't really matter, I know. Just something to think about . Any thoughts ?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think paul knew what he had in jt5 and didnt help keep vad around lets put it that way. I am not saying forced out but i am saying paul knew what he was doing.
I'm not sure about that. CPJ modified the offense pretty extensively last year to cater to Vad's skill set. I think CPJ prefers having JT as his starting QB over VL because of what JT does for CPJ's system.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks guys, pretty much what I have been thinking, too. As much as Vad seemed to be a great guy in the locker room and to his teammates, he could NOT have made those game winning drives against Ga. Southern and VT, IMO.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I guess what has always impressed me about PJ , is that he really tries to stick with the QB whose " time" it is , and does everything he can to make them ( and the team ) successful. I know some criticize him, but the man can coach !

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Last year will help, out in preventing a future dilemma. Thats what we have to take from last year. Cpj now knows what not to do, if a guy is a better talent but not good within the system you cant make the other 10 men on the field change what there good at and expect to be better than having someone who can work the original system.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Justin is just better. I knew that last year and wanted justin to start and work through freshman mistakes but he needed more time to develop his body and learn the system. I watched the JeT in person when he was at Prattville and growing up in Alabama I know how dominant Prattville was as a high school program so if you can make Hoover look like fools you're special and he did just that in the 2011 championship game. I'm just glad everyone else is on board the JeT now.