FSU

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We really need to win at least 1 of the 3 games with FSU. Coming back from 7-8 is so much easier than 6-9.
I feel pretty good about our chances in the next 2 games. This was just not a good matchup for us today. Curry likes to throw a lot of pitches (even when he is phenomenal) and FSU likes to make a pitcher work. As long as Thomas and English pound the zone like they usually do, I'll feel good.

Deleted member 2897

When you want to win the series, losing the first with a guy that’s been super hot sucks. Oh well, back at it tomorry.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Their "foul ball" offense is going to get into our non-existent bullpen too soon for us to win a game. Also, we have too many automatic outs in our lineup at this time. We need to get Serratos and Guldberg in somewhere and get Radcliff and CF Willhite to the bench.

There was no strike zone discrepancy,the ump was just calling two separate games with different strike zones. The team he favored had a wider strike zone than did the teams he did not like. Guess which team we were.
Bottom dwellers don't get calls. I remember watching Glavine, Maddog, and Smoltz get calls in their half and the exact same pitch called a ball the next half inning. That's baseball. We used to get those calls until we started our slide.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Game moved up to 4pm today due to rain forecast coming in around 7pm.

Hopefully Murray is available to play this afternoon. We really need him back in the lineup.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Game moved up to 4pm today due to rain forecast coming in around 7pm.

Hopefully Murray is available to play this afternoon. We really need him back in the lineup.
Post-game last night...CDH called Murray "day-to-day" & in concussion protocol. No surprise; but does mean his return is based on his ability to "pass" the protocol. Definitely... need him well soonest.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bottom dwellers don't get calls. I remember watching Glavine, Maddog, and Smoltz get calls in their half and the exact same pitch called a ball the next half inning. That's baseball. We used to get those calls until we started our slide.
Curry was the leading pitcher in the ACC going into the game. Also, Tech was 1 game behind FSU.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Coach Howell says Archer not available today after pitching a big load yesterday. He also says Hurter will be live today... and has been available most weekends this year. They just haven't needed him.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach Howell says Archer not available today after pitching a big load yesterday. He also says Hurter will be live today... and has been available most weekends this year. They just haven't needed him.

Honestly, I was surprised we brought Archer in last night. We were down 4-1 and I never got the feeling we would score more than 4 runs the way we were swinging (or not swinging) the bat. Maybe that’s a defeatist attitude, but I’d rather have saved Archer for a potential game when we have a lead or are only down 1 or 2 runs at most.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I was surprised we brought Archer in last night. We were down 4-1 and I never got the feeling we would score more than 4 runs the way we were swinging (or not swinging) the bat. Maybe that’s a defeatist attitude, but I’d rather have saved Archer for a potential game when we have a lead or are only down 1 or 2 runs at most.
I did not see or listen last night. Followed a little on phone... I had same reaction when I saw him enter game... same thought about whether that's defeatist too. We're just one (or 2) guys short in bullpen right now. 3 run deficit with 4(?) innings left at home is not out of reach... but I know the feeling when it feels that way.