FSU Series

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I suppose you are ok with the negative results and under achieving record the last several years. It has been 10 years since our last appearance in the CWS. For a program with the clout of techs that is terrible. Clemson fired Leggett and he never had a losing record in the conf his entire time at clemson. Let that sink in and their program isn't too shabby. He was on par with all the big time coaches, but clemson was tired of losing in regionals the last few years. Yes he got fired for losing in the regionsls. Tired not bipolar. Like our basketball program, baseball is in a steady decline. Results are what they are. You can choose to call out fans, but ugly losses are the norm now not the exception. If you like pi$$ poor play, you are a happy person.

This whole thread is classic up state jacket. It's a perfect example of why you're on most of the board's ignore list and why no one takes you seriously. You're completely silent when things are going well but as soon as there's a bump in the road you throw a temper tantrum like a petulant child where everyone who isn't as immediately outraged as you are is a loser, embraces mediocrity, must like piss poor play, etc. And I wasn't "calling anyone out." I was poking fun at how two weeks ago everyone was in love with this team and now they're a huge disappointment. Nothing more. Nothing less. I don't know why you disagreements as such a personal affront.

To be honest, I forgot you posted in the baseball forum and I was looking forward to not having to read one of your rants until next football season. So much for that. I'm not sure why you invest so much time in something that so clearly makes you completely miserable.

For those bipolar fans don't get pi$$ed because getting swept is now acceptable and easily explained away. Errors, not hitting when it counts, pitching getting rocked, and questionable coaching is now what tech baseball is all about. Tech fans crack on ugag for signing superior classes in football and doing little with the talent, but you are ok with danny hall doing the same thing. He's living off past successes not what he's done the last several years and most tech fans are foolish enough to think he'll get it back. Keep wishing.

I'd love for you to show me where I said I wasn't pissed or that this weekend was acceptable or easily explained away. I'll save you the time from the research that you won't do. I never did. What I said was that this bad weekend doesn't derail the entire season. But don't let that prevent you from putting words in my mouth or twisting what I actually said so you have something to rage about.

Be careful friend or you're going to be labeled on this board as a negative a hole who has unrealistic expectations. Are you also bipolar like me? LOL

For the record, I wasn't even talking about you when I said that. To be bipolar you have to show the ability to bounce between two different states of mind. All I've ever seen you do is be a miserable self-loathing blowhard with an over inflated sense of your own opinion.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This whole thread is classic up state jacket. It's a perfect example of why you're on most of the board's ignore list and why no one takes you seriously. You're completely silent when things are going well but as soon as there's a bump in the road you throw a temper tantrum like a petulant child where everyone who isn't as immediately outraged as you are is a loser, embraces mediocrity, must like piss poor play, etc. I forgot you posted in the baseball forum and I was looking forward to not having to read one of your rants until next football season. So much for that. I'm not sure why you invest so much time in something that so clearly makes you completely miserable.

I'd love for you to show me where I said I wasn't pissed or that this weekend was acceptable or easily explained away. I'll save you the time from the research that you won't do. I never did. What I said was that this bad weekend doesn't derail the entire season. But don't let that prevent you from putting words in my mouth or twisting what I actually said so you have something to rage about.

For the record, I wasn't even talking about you when I said that. To be bipolar you have to show the ability to bounce between two different states of mind. All I've ever seen you do is be a miserable self-loathing blowhard with an over inflated sense of your own opinion.

Ah!
Explains a lot of posts I didn't understand. Sometimes, billy goats gruff don't cross the bridge.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Ah!
Explains a lot of posts I didn't understand. Sometimes, billy goats gruff don't cross the bridge.

Meh. I don't think he's a troll. Just a passionate guy who doesn't handle disagreements very well.

As far as taking Zac out, he has had almost a year to stretch his arm out to be ready to pitch more than 40 pitches a outing.

Also btw, he hasn't had a year to stretch his arm out. He wasn't slated to be one of the guys in the bullpen until King's shoulder looked like it wasn't going to get any better. So he hasn't had a year to stretch his arm out. He's had a week or two. It doesn't hurt to do a little research before getting yourself all worked up.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Okay ppl, let's get back on track after a disappointing weekend. I think our guys know that they'd stuck things up but life goes on and we have plenty of games left.

No need for us to get at each other. @up state jacket, I was going to respond to your post but decided to hold off for a bit. I understand your/others disappointment (our players are) and maybe we should've curved our expectation some from the beginning even when we were undefeated. We've been messing with our line-up (15?). Maybe we're tweaking things too much ? It's still early, let's see what happens. One bad series doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season. I hope not anyway.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Okay ppl, let's get back on track after a disappointing weekend. I think our guys know that they'd stuck things up but life goes on and we have plenty of games left.

No need for us to get at each other. @up state jacket, I was going to respond to your post but decided to hold off for a bit. I understand your/others disappointment (our players are) and maybe we should've curved our expectation some from the beginning even when we were undefeated. We've been messing with our line-up (15?). Maybe we're tweaking things too much ? It's still early, let's see what happens. One bad series doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season. I hope not anyway.

Ah, the different line-ups haven't bothered me one little bit. Our offense averaged 4.7 tuns per game in Tallahassee, whereas the entire ACC averaged around 5.4 runs per game(per team) for the other 6 series so our offense seems like it is an average ACC offense. It's our pitching and defense that needs to improve.

I got fooled by the weakness of our early season competition that our pitching was better than it was/is. But many of these guys are very young, so the key will be how they bounce back...do they learn and improve? That will be the key.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Ah, the different line-ups haven't bothered me one little bit. Our offense averaged 4.7 tuns per game in Tallahassee, whereas the entire ACC averaged around 5.4 runs per game(per team) for the other 6 series so our offense seems like it is an average ACC offense. It's our pitching and defense that needs to improve.

I got fooled by the weakness of our early season competition that our pitching was better than it was/is. But many of these guys are very young, so the key will be how they bounce back...do they learn and improve? That will be the key.

No problems with the line-ups myself, I think it's a good thing that we're able to do so..

Maybe, it's because of the questions we have on pitching.. could be the reason for some line-up changes(?)..and being young (hope ppl really look at that area as well). Defense is an area we need to work on (learning and improving) regardless.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Many of these guys are very young, especially the pitching. This was a road game and our freshmen pitchers first big road trip. I was concerned that could be problem. But the big problem were errors and then not be able to shake it off and get the final out. Losing 3 in Tallahassee is a huge disappointment and how we lost is even bigger but is not the end of a season. The Auburn game tonight will tell a lot about the mental attitude of this team. It and the weekend series will tell more about how the season may go than a single series, as bad as it was, at FSU.

If we lose to Auburn and the series this weekend then it is going to be a long season. If we beat the Tigers and win the series this weekend it will be a competitive season.