FSU Series

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
All of this appeared to be spot on game #1
Getting their starter out early was key. He’s a great pitcher. Huff and Fin ate a lot of innings tonight which helps a lot for the rest of this series. I wish we didnt have to burn Max in the 9th but he could come back later in the series if needed. Glad to get game 1 in the win column, and it was awesome seeing chandler back for the 2nd game in a row.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Maxwell only had 10 or 12 pitches, but he was definitely digging deep. Not sure what kind of turnaround time he would need. I'm sure we avoid pitching him again if possible.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maxwell only had 10 or 12 pitches, but he was definitely digging deep. Not sure what kind of turnaround time he would need. I'm sure we avoid pitching him again if possible.

12 pitches, only 3 balls. All swings strikeouts. On the 3-4-5 hitters.

1649505322520.png

The D1 Heat Sheet is only for pitchers that D1/PBR staff sees in person. I don't think I've ever seen any GT pitcher with a velo higher than the 99 for Maxwell last week. Better than velo, these were strikes.
1649505841136.png

Uuuuugggghhh. We hit .444 to FSU .194. Chandler did only go 3-4 and a sac. Jadyn 3-4 should stick at SS. Jenk 5-5, Parada (only 2 HR in 5 plate appearances), Borden ..... this is a wonderous offense against pitchers who had done well heretofore.

1649505943827.png

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
10-12 pitches in a high-pressure setup with the bases loaded, no out, and the game on the line — ain’t nothing. Pitch that horse!

Hopefully the light bulb has finally come on for Maxwell. He’s a stud closer! Put him out there! 👍

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Serious question... but for fun. Is anyone "comfortable" [yet] when Maxwell enters game? I wonder if I'll ever get there. Comfortable is relative too. Nothing that comfortable about bases loaded no outs in B9.

Not taking ANYTHING away from what he's doing of late. Exciting way to win on a Friday against a hungry & good FSU team.
I'll answer a question with more questions. Is anyone really "comfortable" with any lead Tech baseball has? If so, what is the run threshold? I must admit, with the 12 run 8th inning against USC Upstate, I finally breathed a sigh of relief and thought "we can't let this one get away, can we?"...

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Serious question... but for fun. Is anyone "comfortable" [yet] when Maxwell enters game? I wonder if I'll ever get there. Comfortable is relative too. Nothing that comfortable about bases loaded no outs in B9.

Not taking ANYTHING away from what he's doing of late. Exciting way to win on a Friday against a hungry & good FSU team.
I love to watch him pitch. I think he has the most potential of any GT pitcher that I have ever seen (I have watched for 20 years). He is virtually unhittable. I'm ok with a couple walks to watch 3 K's in the inning.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Why do people keep pitching to Parada?
You can pitch to Parada. You can pitch to anyone. You just need to know their weakness and be able to exploit it. However, there are not a lot of pitchers these days that #1 know the batter's weakness and #2 can execute pitches to exploit said weekness.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, the only positives that I'm going to take away are that Crawford pitched well for a 3rd consecutive outing and we only gave up 1 walk and 1 hbp as a staff. Tomorrow is a must win now.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
GT is simply NOT a good baseball team. Too many little mistakes in fielding, baserunning, etc.
For what it’s worth we have the second hardest schedule in the nation up to this point and we are 8th in RPI after the loss. A lot of those losses came without one of the best weapons in college baseball too (Simpson). Agree we make a lot of little mistakes that add up and end up costing us a lot of games. Fundamentals are very questionable at times