FSU QB Suspended Indefinitely

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Think maybe she had watched too many movies where the 110 pound girl knocks out the 200 pound man with one punch.

I think what she had too much of was alcohol. What a stupid situation all the way around. First, he had no right to grab her in the first place. Yeah, she jumped you in line. So what? Get over it, try to flirt your way into a lil' something.

She shouldn't have tried to hit him, but walk away dude. As it is, I guess you showed her, huh?

And, to the OP, no he's not a 'thug'. 'Coward' or 'numskull' are probably more to the point.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't make any difference in terms of the situation, but it looks like he slapped her, not punched her. If he had hit her with a closed fist, she'd have gone down like she was shot.

Still, there's no excuse for this, especially when it comes to waiting for a drink at a bar. So she breaks in front of you. Let her. Another couple of minutes before you get your next drink won't make any difference in the evening.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope the woman is also charged with assault. She started it and threw a punch and worse tried to knee him in the groin. To not charge her is sexual discrimination. :sneaky: Women need to be held responsible for their actions too.

But for the FSU player, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw punches. If he wasn't a Scholarship Athlete, I doubt there would be charges for anyone. But he is and there are. After Winston, there is no choice but to charge him. And throw him off the team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line: Trashy behavior all the way around. The internet is full of videos of women who act like her. I hope I never have to be around any of them.

He is the one, however, who has to be held to a higher standard. Not just for being the male and being in a different weight class but because he is representing FSU. I seem to recall a Tech player years ago who got into a lot of trouble over punching someone in an establishment. It matters not whether they were provoked, picked on or whatever. Just walk away.

Or give up your scholarship.

Animal02

Banned
So you can watch a man beat a woman down and just say, "Welp, she hit him first so she had it coming"?
He wasn't "beating" her down......he was restraining her, she doubled down and he reacted.....likely by instinct......he did not keep hitting her.
Women want "equal rights" until they can play the "victim card"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He wasn't "beating" her down......he was restraining her, she doubled down and he reacted.....likely by instinct......he did not keep hitting her.
Women want "equal rights" until they can play the "victim card"

No, sir. Read comment #12 which is what i was responding to. I never said the guy in this instance was "beating her down".

He got mad and wanted to teach her a lesson I guess. He wasn't exerting his rights or protecting himself and if that's his "instinct" he needs to be locked up. Not sure how people are painting him as a victim here.

No, she doesn't have the right to assault him. However, HE started it by grabbing her first. In the full clip he grabs her presumably to keep her from jumping him in line. She responds (albeit inappropriately), but he was the aggressor here.

There's also word that she called him a racial epithet which is why he hit her. Well, as a black man, I've been called all kinds of ugly racially insulting things mostly by women (since they feel they can hide behind the fact that most men won't hit them). So, I understand the frustration with women playing the "victim card". However, that still not a line men should cross.

People can call it sexist or whatever, but in physical scenarios men can't go there with women. It's cowardly.

Animal02

Banned
No, sir. Read comment #12 which is what i was responding to. I never said the guy in this instance was "beating her down".

He got mad and wanted to teach her a lesson I guess. He wasn't exerting his rights or protecting himself and if that's his "instinct" he needs to be locked up. Not sure how people are painting him as a victim here.

No, she doesn't have the right to assault him. However, HE started it by grabbing her first. In the full clip he grabs her presumably to keep her from jumping him in line. She responds (albeit inappropriately), but he was the aggressor here.

There's also word that she called him a racial epithet which is why he hit her. Well, as a black man, I've been called all kinds of ugly racially insulting things mostly by women (since they feel they can hide behind the fact that most men won't hit them). So, I understand the frustration with women playing the "victim card". However, that still not a line men should cross.

People can call it sexist or whatever, but in physical scenarios men can't go there with women. It's cowardly.

I am not saying he was clean in this, and he should have walked away......and yes FB players as a representative of the University are and should be held to a higher standard. on the other hand......the attitude that women can never be touched is ridiculous, and yes, you can instinctively react when hit by a women and it is no reason for someone to be locked up (I used to play bouncer in a bar for a friend when his regular guys were no shows.........I could tell you all kinds of stories.....and yes, I instinctively reacted when assault once by "gasp" a women.)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am not saying he was clean in this, and he should have walked away......and yes FB players as a representative of the University are and should be held to a higher standard. on the other hand......the attitude that women can never be touched is ridiculous, and yes, you can instinctively react when hit by a women and it is no reason for someone to be locked up (I used to play bouncer in a bar for a friend when his regular guys were no shows.........I could tell you all kinds of stories.....and yes, I instinctively reacted when assault once by "gasp" a women.)

No one's saying women can't be touched. "Instinct" doesn't lead a man to hit a woman.

Like @jwsavhGT said, let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

I simply disagree.

For starters, he grabs her because she raises a fist to punch him. In what universe do you simply allow somebody to punch you? I don't care if it's man, woman, or Bruce Jenner, if you raise a fist at me, I'm doing something about it.

And secondly, if you hit somebody, expect to get hit back. When you're an adult, actions have consequences, regardless of what you have between your legs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I simply disagree.

For starters, he grabs her because she raises a fist to punch him. In what universe do you simply allow somebody to punch you? I don't care if it's man, woman, or Bruce Jenner, if you raise a fist at me, I'm doing something about it.

And secondly, if you hit somebody, expect to get hit back. When you're an adult, actions have consequences, regardless of what you have between your legs.

No one's saying just sit there and get hit. I'm saying he's got to be better than to have the situation get to that point.

All of that is not in his control so I'm saying he didn't handle his role in avoiding this situation well.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
No one's saying just sit there and get hit. I'm saying he's got to be better than to have the situation get to that point.

All of that is not in his control so I'm saying he didn't handle his role in avoiding this situation well.

Well, I mean I actually agree with that 100%. I just happen to think that would be true whether the other person is a male or female. You should try to avoid a fight, absolutely, but if the other person starts punching, well they can expect a punch back.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, I mean I actually agree with that 100%. I just happen to think that would be true whether the other person is a male or female. You should try to avoid a fight, absolutely, but if the other person starts punching, well they can expect a punch back.

Sigh, why didn't you just stop after your 1st sentence. ;)

I hear you to a degree. I just feel like there are ways to end a "fight" with a woman without hitting her. I actually don't even think it's a "fight", but I guess we can just agree to disagree at this point.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Sigh, why didn't you just stop after your 1st sentence. ;)

I hear you to a degree. I just feel like there are ways to end a "fight" with a woman without hitting her. I actually don't even think it's a "fight", but I guess we can just agree to disagree at this point.
:) Haha, I actually did stop after my first sentence. I had to go back and edit my post to add the rest. I'm fine disagreeing here, and I understand that many people don't see eye to eye with me. Thanks for being civil about it.

Animal02

Banned
No one's saying women can't be touched. "Instinct" doesn't lead a man to hit a woman.

Like @jwsavhGT said, let's just agree to disagree on this topic.
Actually, others have insinuated that women can't be touched. As for instinct, yes, there are reflex actions depending on circumstances......especially if you are assaulted in critical areas......groin, eyes, etc. Someone goes for your eyes, you don't stop and think "It is a women therefore I will not strike back"

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I simply disagree.

Alcohol and attacks don't lead to rational analysis. I agree that primal response probably lead BOTH of them to do what they did. Both were wrong and both should go to court to do some explaining.

Just because you are charged doesn't mean you are guilty. I had to explain to a judge why a young girl fell out of my boat and had her leg cut by the prop. Fortunately her father was also on the boat and I had not had a drink all day and I had told her not to lean over the side. The hearing was over in about 3 minutes but I was still charged. (She is fully recovered.) Sometimes bad things happen and you go to court ..... life isn't fair. IIWII