FSU QB Suspended Indefinitely

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looks like FSU may be losing another QB. Kid hit a woman at a bar.

According to the sources, Johnson was involved in an argument with the woman after she cut in front of him while they were waiting to order drinks at a bar near the FSU campus. Witnesses told police the woman raised her arms and then Johnson grabbed them and punched her in the face.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...lorida-state-seminoles-suspended-indefinitely

Bet that one guy that transferred out is regretting leaving.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That video is pretty damning. Who punches someone in the middle of a crowded bar like that?

1329065383409587489.gif

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I'll be honest, I don't have a problem with his actions. She raised his fist at him, he held her hand to prevent her punching, she punched him, he punched her back.

If she hadn't escalated it to violent measures, she'd still have all her teeth.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
She has left knee going towards his gut/crouch , swings and misses...

Also note that he knocks over a half plastic cup of drink and a picture too...

Regardless, a punch was overkill in this situation. He'll miss some playing time (or at least he should).

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. A punch was exactly called for in this situation, IMO.
um, no. What was appropriate, would have been for him to back away from the situation and let the bartender and bouncers handle it. Sorry, but what's on that short clip is wrong, and he'll not only be off the team, but kicked out of FSU for that.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
um, no. What was appropriate, would have been for him to back away from the situation and let the bartender and bouncers handle it. Sorry, but what's on that short clip is wrong, and he'll not only be off the team, but kicked out of FSU for that.
Ah, watch the full video. The short clip misses the part where she raises a fist to punch him, and he grabs her hand to prevent that.
The clip picks up with her punching him with her OTHER hand, while kneeing him in the nuts and him retaliating.
He gave her a chance, and she chose to keep going.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'll be honest, I don't have a problem with his actions. She raised his fist at him, he held her hand to prevent her punching, she punched him, he punched her back.

If she hadn't escalated it to violent measures, she'd still have all her teeth.

It's not that simple though. First, no one's saying she has a right to assault him. I repeat, no one's saying she has a right to assault him. However ...

1. There's a reason there are weight divisions in boxing. She could've hit him with all her might and it likely wouldn't have registered much. On the other hand, he could've literally killed her with his bare hands.

2. Walk away. I'm moderately certain she didn't cold-cock him as he walked up. IOW, something precipitated the situation. As a man you have to be able to recognize situations you just have to walk away from. No, it's not fair but it is what it is.

As an FSU athlete, the 'self-defense' excuse might fly for that corrupt police force/judicial system. However, as a man, that's weak. It's not like she had a weapon or something. Be a man and control the situation. Sometimes 'control' means not getting yourself into the situation. I say this as a man who's had many intense arguments with former girlfriends and even with my wife. Control your emotions and don't let their emotions control the situation you find yourself in. That may sound sexist but that's friggin' real life.

Lastly, as a brother of 3 sisters, I wish a muthaf*cker would pull that sh*t and try to claim, "well, she hit me first". I don't care if she hit you first, last and 10 times in-between. You don't put your hands on a woman.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Lastly, as a brother of 3 sisters, I wish a muthaf*cker would pull that sh*t and try to claim, "well, she hit me first". I don't care if she hit you first, last and 10 times in-between. You don't put your hands on a woman.

I'm also the older brother of 3 sisters (and 2 brothers, we're Irish, it happens :)). If a dude hits my sister, I'm swinging on him, but not because she's a woman, because she's my sister.

If you're big enough to hit, you're big enough to get hit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm also the older brother of 3 sisters (and 2 brothers, we're Irish, it happens :)). If a dude hits my sister, I'm swinging on him, but not because she's a woman, because she's my sister.

If you're big enough to hit, you're big enough to get hit.

So you can watch a man beat a woman down and just say, "Welp, she hit him first so she had it coming"?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Alcohol and idiots continue to not be a good combination.

With that said, I agree that he should have walked away. A man will walk away, not needing to prove he can clobber a woman or need to provide a rude woman punishment. Don't put yourself in that situation, if you have a brain in your head. That is my opinion, and I will choose to agree to disagree if others believe otherwise.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, I'm a middle aged dude who'd take any necessary heat from my wife to suggest we not let our kid home at Christmas if he hit a lady in a bar. Admittedly, male and female are objective categories in my brain.

Question: Has something happened in our society where a lady feels they can raise a fist, kick, and punch a man in public?

I don't think there's any excuse for hitting her, but does her action seem troubling as indicative of a bigger trend?

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ah, watch the full video. The short clip misses the part where she raises a fist to punch him, and he grabs her hand to prevent that.
The clip picks up with her punching him with her OTHER hand, while kneeing him in the nuts and him retaliating.
He gave her a chance, and she chose to keep going.
To me it looked like she was initially in a defensive posture and her raised fist was to tell him to get off her. Then he grabbed her. He was holding her when he hit her. I can't understand rationalizing his actions.