FSU Game

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
The Criminole game just got a little more interesting with reports of Everett Golson transferring to play QB. Going to be fun can't wait for this game. #Revenge Game

I hope the Defense of line can create some pass rush. Their O line put a big AW on us last game. I don't care what QB was back there, they could complete most passes because they had all day for the receivers to get open.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope the Defense of line can create some pass rush. Their O line put a big AW on us last game. I don't care what QB was back there, they could complete most passes because they had all day for the receivers to get open.
True, but I'm pretty sure they lost a lot on the Oline. Tre Jackson(the kid that left us on signing day) and the grown man they had at center are gone. I'm sure they have depth, but not the quality of player those two were. Plus look for our Dline to be better and it's a home game.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It might matter a little bit if they get Golson, but it would undoubtedly be a drop-off from the way "Crablegs" Winston played against GT in the ACCCG. If our improved defense can shut down Cook and the running game, we will force them into a 1D offense. Advantage - GT.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They are losing Winston, Greene, & O'Leary, so that's like their entire passing game, plus either 4 or 5 OL starters (can't remember off the top of my head). I'm sure they have talent to step in and replace those guys but the experience is another story. They have holes, don't be too scared of those guys. And hasn't Golson been a bit of a head case? I can easily see this not working out.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I didnt realize fsu lost their whole OL? Is that true?

Fyi. We lost all our BB and their backups. Many AB. And both WR. FSU can say the same about us and all we lost have a good point too.....

The biggest thing we have they dont is the QB and 4 of 5 OL. Give me that any day over a returning WR or RB.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If Golston didn't lose his job at ND to a younger guy during the spring, he wouldn't have transferred. Who says he'll beat out the younger guys at FSU? I think seeing Golston under center at FSU against us would be a good thing, not a bad thing.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If Golston didn't lose his job at ND to a younger guy during the spring, he wouldn't have transferred. Who says he'll beat out the younger guys at FSU? I think seeing Golston under center at FSU against us would be a good thing, not a bad thing.
I kind of agree here. He was a turnover machine at ND, hoping he still has that problem trying to acclimate to a whole new scheme as well.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
THIS is the yr to take down fsu.LOTS of holes to fill--but not like they are imposing with new talent

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Russell Wilson was already a stud at NC State.
Oh absolutely, just pointing out that he didn't struggle picking up the new playbook. Golson was a 2.5 year starter at ND, so he's not chopped liver, but you can't ignore those turnover numbers. If anything this shows FSU's desperation at the position

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I understand all yalls points concerning Golson having a ton of turnovers. One thing we can't just forget about though is all the touchdowns he was accountable for, the fact that he has been to a national championship (yes I know they got beat bad), and that he is still a good athelet who can hurt you with his legs or arm. I'm not saying he will win the starting job at fsu, but because of his experience I think he has a leg up, and if he is on he can be hard to stop. If he does start for Fsu we will need to get him flustered and do good confusing him with coverage looks. I still believe we have the hand up in this game though.