FSU 1/7/2023 - GAME THREAD

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We beat #12 Miami. This obviously means we somehow lose to FSU by 13 bc this is how GT Basketball is lol.

Jokes aside I think this is a very winnable game. We need to keep our focus and composure and not play down to competition. If we do that, we should come out with a W. If we do not do that, well I think we've already seen what happens.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We need to stop the runs by other team when we go brain dead. Getting beat by other player is an error of commission. It happens.

Compounding it by omitting smart play = a run of stupid fouls or jacked up 3 point shots will cause us to lose as we are small and not very good

Stay tough on defense and hope they clank it up is our best plan. Hope we make a run.
Finish near 50 % acc is our max till we get big man

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Big halftime for Pastner. FSU is the first team we’ve faced to try and deny the post pass. I don’t get that strategy because you generally beat us if you force Rodney Howard to win the game. We’ll see how he adjusts.

Should just let Deivon drive the paint every possession and take the open layup or kick to Kelly/Deebo/Terry on the wing if the other 4 defenders help out.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or do u agree that Coleman will have a weight problem when his days of playing basketball are over.

Looks a step slow

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I still think this team has great shooters but it might be the least resilient Pastner team we’ve seen in 7 seasons. Granted 4 of those seasons were led by Jose - we were very spoiled. I’m not sure we will win a road game in ACC play and I suspect this is not the last time we go down 20 on the road.

The players are also all very inexperienced in ACC road environments and 19 years old. Hopefully they will grow the rest of the season.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I still think this team has great shooters but it might be the least resilient Pastner team we’ve seen in 7 seasons. Granted 4 of those seasons were led by Jose - we were very spoiled. I’m not sure we will win a road game in ACC play and I suspect this is not the last time we go down 20 on the road.

The players are also all very inexperienced in ACC road environments and 19 years old. Hopefully they will grow the rest of the season.
I think you are right about resiliency. This team once again got punched in the mouth and didn't hit back. We also stopped hitting any shots and they couldn't miss. As Kelly goes, so goes the team. Maxwell and Sturdivant did not look good in their minutes. Deebo was (again) up and down. I did like that Pastner finally put Franklin and Howard together, but it was too late. DSmith had a good game and is a triple-double waiting to happen (if he can play 30+ minutes). ACC road wins are hard to come by, but it was there for the taking and we let it get away.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I can tolerate and forgive a lot, and I actually really like our players this year. But the lazy passes resulting in "pick six" turnovers are hard to watch. Also we keep dribbling into the paint with no apparent plan for what to do with the ball when we get there.

When our shots are falling and we take care of the ball (like in the first 10 minutes of this game) we are really fun to watch.

I think this team will get better -- we are really inexperienced. But it may be next season before we see the improvement.