From a student’s perspective

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So my question to the ones who are so mad is what do you want? Complain about the last coach. Now this one sucks in your mind. What will make you happy? Students are saying the energy is better than ever for the team on campus and you tell them they are idiots and don’t know what they are talking about. So what would make you happy?
I'd like to know as well
I think the main thing from the vocal ones is that coach is hyping things up but the results are not there win / loss wise
I get that,
But what I also get is that for recruiting and trying to get our campus culture back in the mindset of football we have to have hype and be creative about it

GT compared to the other big schools around us is not a football culture, so you gotta build it up a different way

Again see the difference in Athens and Clemson leading up to gameday and on game day as an example and then compare to gt, night and day difference

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

An interesting point made in that article was that Narduzzi complained about the music being played over the stadium PA at times when it should not have been. Unfortunately, I don't doubt that at all. I'm not sure whoever is in charge of the PA has a brain in his head. They even played music over the Tech band. WOW

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
We’ve averaged 7-7.5 wins for something like 30 years now. You have to go back another 25 years before that to get something different, ie Dodd. I’d say we’re pretty consistent and if 8 wins or greater is your bar, well I’d have to count but there probably less years than I can count on my 2 hands post-Dodd.

I’m sure someone out there can chime in with the precise numbers.

completely agree. 7 wins should be expected not applauded.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
But all these posters claim it was by far the biggest crowd they had seen in years! You see what you want to see. Don’t let facts get in the way.

So my question to the ones who are so mad is what do you want? Complain about the last coach. Now this one sucks in your mind. What will make you happy? Students are saying the energy is better than ever for the team on campus and you tell them they are idiots and don’t know what they are talking about. So what would make you happy?

I want to win and not concede 36 games in a row. The fact that so many people here are just giving up on the next three years is mind blowing to me. If you’re willing to throw away a third of a decade’s football, why do you even watch? I’ve gone on record saying I think CGC can succeed here if he survives the transition, but I still think there’s plenty of evidence that the transition didn’t have to be this rough.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
But all these posters claim it was by far the biggest crowd they had seen in years! You see what you want to see. Don’t let facts get in the way.

I want to win and not concede 36 games in a row. The fact that so many people here are just giving up on the next three years is mind blowing to me. If you’re willing to throw away a third of a decade’s football, why do you even watch? I’ve gone on record saying I think CGC can succeed here if he survives the transition, but I still think there’s plenty of evidence that the transition didn’t have to be this rough.

There you go again with the straw men. I don't know of anyone who has "conceded 36 games in a row" or are "giving up on the next three years". And literally no one said the homecoming crowd was " by far the biggest they had seen in years". No one. But don't let facts get in the way...

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
There you go again with the straw men. I don't know of anyone who has "conceded 36 games in a row" or are "giving up on the next three years". And literally no one said the homecoming crowd was " by far the biggest they had seen in years". No one. But don't let facts get in the way...

I don’t think you know the difference between a jokey dig and an actual argument.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes, it drives me nuts . We have some people who want to act like 2014 didn't happen, but we have other folks who want to act like it was more than a flash in the pan, lightning in a bottle season when it wasn't. It's okay to want more and people need to understand there is a process for getting there.

I think people have been a bit spoiled by the relative coaching stability and consistency in the Tech program over the past 20 years or so. All across college football, rebuilding seasons happen. Transitional seasons happen. AD's make decisions that sacrifice the short term in hopes of bigger success down the road. We just aren't used to it.

If it is stability in coaching you want, consider this: From 1904 to 1966 Tech had three coaches: Heisman, Alexander, and Dodd each of whom won a national championship.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We did have more in the stands this year than last, by my estimation. But that's far from saying it was by far the biggest we'd had in years.

Your estimation would be wrong. It was the lowest attended homecoming in 25 years. B*** L**** had just been fired the last time our attendance was this low for homecoming.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Your estimation would be wrong. It was the lowest attended homecoming in 25 years. B*** L**** had just been fired the last time our attendance was this low for homecoming.

I'm talking about in the stands, actual butts in the seats. I'd say there were probably about 28,00 last year and 33,000 this year actually at the game. But that's just from my own eyeball test.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I'm talking about in the stands, actual butts in the seats. I'd say there were probably about 28,00 last year and 33,000 this year actually at the game. But that's just from my own eyeball test.

Were you at the game? That was the worst crowd I've seen in years. BTW, I sit in the north end zone, and it was empty up there as well.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Were you at the game? That was the worst crowd I've seen in years. BTW, I sit in the north end zone, and it was empty up there as well.

No, but I was at the last homecoming game against Duke and the crowd I saw on TV this year looked a little bigger. At least it seemed that way to me.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Arkansas has sucked since Bobby P left.... this is where we are headed under CGC.... We need to find the next George Oleary and fast!

Uh, you would have fired O'Leary before his first season...O'Leary took over in the middle of the season and was 0-3. Then 6-5, 5-6, 7-5 and finally 10-2. I guess he had to turn the program around before he showed results.

Darn facts always get in the way of knee jerk posts....