Freeman Acc dl of the week!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/acc-players-of-the-week-for-nov-3-11-03-2014

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN – KeShun Freeman, Georgia Tech, Fr., 6-1, 234, Hogansville, Ga.Freeman led all Yellow Jackets defensive linemen with five tackles (four solo), 1.0 sack and 1.0 tackle for loss in Georgia Tech’s 35-10 win over Virginia. Freeman also forced a Cavalier fumble at the end of the first half and blocked a punt. The two plays marked Freeman’s career-first blocked kick and career-first forced fumble. Freeman has 34 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 8.0 tackles for loss for the season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Freeman seems to be getting bigger every week. He looked like a small linebacker to start the season and now he actually looks like a legit DE.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Freeman played a very good all around game against UVA. Was very disruptive at times, and his moments where he disappeared like he's done earlier season was minimal. Was looking for him to come on stronger the second half of the season, and I think he's there.

Once his strength and physical maturity catches up to athleticism and ability, he's going to be a terror. I think he ends up a better DE than Attaochou before it's all said and done.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A guy I sit next to at BDS works out at Tech and knows one of the trainers. Word he is getting is that JHD has put on good weight..280ish..is still an athletic beast....and our most dominant D lineman in practice. I'm hoping we see him in the bowl this year. Will be a new semester and I believe he could be eligible for it.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Freeman played a very good all around game against UVA. Was very disruptive at times, and his moments where he disappeared like he's done earlier season was minimal. Was looking for him to come on stronger the second half of the season, and I think he's there.

Once his strength and physical maturity catches up to athleticism and ability, he's going to be a terror. I think he ends up a better DE than Attaochou before it's all said and done.

He's been surprisingly good for a true freshman and he has been held a ton. Once he gets a reputation as a legit qback killer the refs will start throwing some flags his way imo.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
A guy I sit next to at BDS works out at Tech and knows one of the trainers. Word he is getting is that JHD has put on good weight..280ish..is still an athletic beast....and our most dominant D lineman in practice. I'm hoping we see him in the bowl this year. Will be a new semester and I believe he could be eligible for it.
Would that not use a year of eligibility?

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
BBK, he is using a year of eligibility as it is. He woulda been a junior but is losing the whole year. He already redshirted.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think these sentiments about Freeman are correct. He is a good athlete and pretty natural pass rusher. It is hard to keep him blocked and he runs around and makes plays. Truthfully though, he isn't really physically ready to be playing. In an ideal world he would RS this year and do the weight training etc. At 250 LBS he will be a lot to stop. I am glad we have him, but disappointed he has been forced into service so soon.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He's been surprisingly good for a true freshman and he has been held a ton. Once he gets a reputation as a legit qback killer the refs will start throwing some flags his way imo.
Derrick Morgan got that treatment his last year, and it was glorious. Because so many eyes were on him, the holds got called, which led to him being held less, which led to sacks galore.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

He and davis should be turned loose to freelance rush on almost every down. They are so quick they look like the world war z zombies - blocked for just a split second and only thier little finger touches the ground when they are knocked off their feet.
WWZ blitz!

The defense is starting to gel - a little late - but just in time. The murmur grows louder in Athens.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
[QUOTE="Eric, post: 95992, member: 2"they ari is 271 right now...he also can play in the bowl game.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean his grades are where they need to be now? Or are you just saying if academically eligible he is good to go?