Francis Kallon MVP!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hope for the best for him. Maybe he'll continue to improve. BTW this proves my ignorance regarding some of the "bowl" games. Never knew there was a Tropical Bowl.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
So these guys get what 3-5 practices in a week to prep for these games??? For him to be able to take direction in a different scheme than what he played in while at GT it concerns me with the coaching our D-line is receiving. Two sacks and two tackles for loss is a STRONG day especially considering everyone on both sides of the ball is working to get to the next level. Anyone else paint the picture differently?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So these guys get what 3-5 practices in a week to prep for these games??? For him to be able to take direction in a different scheme than what he played in while at GT it concerns me with the coaching our D-line is receiving. Two sacks and two tackles for loss is a STRONG day especially considering everyone on both sides of the ball is working to get to the next level. Anyone else paint the picture differently?
I'm with you. CMP has always gotten a pass while Roof has always taken the heat. Never understood that one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Those weren't especially strong sacks, but what's interesting is where they had him playing. I've been saying for a while that DE was his more natural position considering his athleticism and speed, and the fact that he can be more "see the ball, hit the ball" there as opposed to mastering the nuances of DT and taking on double teams. He might actually make a serviceable 3-4 DE on the next level...the position he was recruited to when he signed with us.

Those weren't especially strong sacks, but what's interesting is where they had him playing. I've been saying for a while that DE was his more natural position considering his athleticism and speed, and the fact that he can be more "see the ball, hit the ball" there as opposed to mastering the nuances of DT and taking on double teams. He might actually make a serviceable 3-4 DE on the next level...the position he was recruited to when he signed with us.

Too bad that whoever wrote that apparently doesn't realize that "has been dominate" is incorrect and should be "has been dominant". (OK call me the grammar Nazi....LOL) But thanks for posting it. Good info.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I see it opposite. The limited playing time together hurts the O more than the D imo, and opens up the door for talented individuals to take advantage of miscommunication and blown assignments easier.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you. CMP has always gotten a pass while Roof has always taken the heat. Never understood that one.
I think it's because of what he's done with guys like Attaochu and Gotsis. When the talent has been there guys have produced. Just because kallon had a good game doesn't mean it will continue that way, although I really hope it does. Ultimately if the D isn't doing well it's on the D coordinator and head coach and the same thing for the offense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think it's because of what he's done with guys like Attaochu and Gotsis. When the talent has been there guys have produced. Just because kallon had a good game doesn't mean it will continue that way, although I really hope it does. Ultimately if the D isn't doing well it's on the D coordinator and head coach and the same thing for the offense.
Kallon is just one more. There's a growing list of guys who struggled at Tech only to have success at the next level.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Some projects take longer than others. Just how it is. I've wondered about Kallon making it in the NFL. Some teams will definitely look!

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
Some projects take longer than others. Just how it is. I've wondered about Kallon making it in the NFL. Some teams will definitely look!

He's got the measurables for sure. Maybe things would have been different here if we had the DT depth to kick him out to play some DE.

Anyway, contracts to Kallon, and I hope he makes it at the next level.

Also, obligatory TJ Barnes highlight: