Four minute mode?

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ let the mutts score in a game (2010?) in order to get the last possession with some time left. At the time, we had been mostly unsuccessful in stopping them anyway. The strategy was risky, and it failed.

Was questioning the field goal attempt occurring on an earlier down? Because it was fourth and 5 with no time left when we kicked. Before our fumble, I suppose we may have had a chance for a TD but there was less than a minute left and would likely have required some passing, which is much riskier.
We had nothing to lose here. We were already down one point and didn’t have any timeouts left with a little over 1:30 left in the game. Getting the ball back with time left and the ability to go for 2 was the best way to potentially win the game. Didn’t work out, but there’s not really any other choice in that situation.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
In a tied game you do what ever you can to possess the ball last.
“4 minute offense” is just the terminology used for the last drive of a half/game.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Four minute offense had nothing to do with confidence in our defense. It was just wise regardless. To play winning football, we need to be able to play fast, medium fast, and "chew the clock" slow with equal effectiveness if we want to make a run this season. Game situations are what they are and there is an appropriate pace that will tip the scales more in our favor in each specific case. That's what we should use.

I have zero complaint with how we approached the end of game last weekend. With the exception of one sloppy play, I have no complaints about our execution either. After the sloppy play, when we could have lost our collective minds, I have nothing but admiration and praise for everybody involved (except for me that is).