Former Jacket, Travares Tillman is our next DB coach

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not sure how talented Michigan State's secondary was, but they had the worst pass defense in the country. I didn't watch them except for the Ohio State game and was astonished to hear that statistic. But, as I saw wide open receivers running down the field, I figured that the stat made sense.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
He’s going to coach the whole secondary. If you dive deeper into the statistics, they were a lot better then tech against the pass and also he didn’t have full control over the secondary like he will at tech.
With that being the case are we still looking to add another coach whether on O or D?

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
With that being the case are we still looking to add another coach whether on O or D?

I would assume so. We let go of 3 people and have hired 2. So that leaves a spot open. A DC maybe? Although Collins will probably take that spot.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Great hire. Watched all his MSU games the last two years. The numbers don’t tell the story. Last year was a new staff implementing a new scheme. This year it was an entire D made up of transfers. Plus they played WKU which threw 70 times that game, Purdue which threw 60 times and Ohio St around 60 as well. The DL and LB play was bad. The thing that sticks out to me is, as bad as the numbers look, the play in the secondary for a group that really never played together was 1000 times better than ours that’s been together for 3/4 years. Don’t look at espn stats. Go watch games.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
He wasn’t fired either. He wanted to eventually come home. He told me this when I ran into him this past summer on East Lansing. I told him we needed him. He said he likes Tuck and EL but one day he’d consider coming “home”. Looks like today is that day.

And yes I’m plugged into Michigan States football program with former players.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
He wasn’t fired either. He wanted to eventually come home. He told me this when I ran into him this past summer on East Lansing. I told him we needed him. He said he likes Tuck and EL but one day he’d consider coming “home”. Looks like today is that day.

And yes I’m plugged into Michigan States football program with former players.
Appreciate the insight @RyanS12