Former Fulmer player told me

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Venables has a linebacker son committed to Clemson in '18; he and Swinney, whose son Will is a freshman WR and holder for points and FBs, have talked about the satisfaction of winning a NC with their sons at Clemson. He makes a million and a half after getting the shaft at Oklahoma, Swinney has created a remarkable culture, Clemson is going to be on top for a long time ... and then there is the Tennessee of Kiffin and Jones. And right now is no longer considered a top tier job anymore. Think Kiffin-FAU. Besides, Tennessee would have to spring for a holder-backer to keep the crazed Venables off the field. Clemson's strength coach is charged with that now and it obviously wears him out. But if you want to hear one of the most articulate discussions on Johnson and the GT offense, go over to tigernet.com and listen to his Tuesday breakdown. I grant you he is really wired together.
I think 99% of assistant coaches are working with the ultimate goal of being a Head Coach. I believe Venables would jump at an opportunity to be a HC at a P5 school and he would get a significant pay raise.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Whoever is the next Tennessee head coach will have to deal with a brutal schedule in 2018

West Virginia@Charlotte
East Tennessee State
UTEP
Florida
@Georgia
@Auburn
Alabama
@South Carolina
Charlotte
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

I think if they make a good hire at head coach Tennessee could go 8-4 in 2018.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Whoever is the next Tennessee head coach will have to deal with a brutal schedule in 2018

West Virginia@Charlotte
East Tennessee State
UTEP
Florida
@Georgia
@Auburn
Alabama
@South Carolina
Charlotte
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

Am I the only one who thinks that it's impossible to have a brutal schedule in the SEC East these days?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer

West Virginia@Charlotte
East Tennessee State
UTEP
Florida
@Georgia
@Auburn
Alabama
@South Carolina
Charlotte
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

If I was a UT fan, I see 1 loss (Bama), 3 toss ups (Uga, AU, &Uf), and the rest should be wins no matter who the coach is. They probably should've given Buttiffe a chance before the last 3 clowns they've hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If I was a UT fan, I see 1 loss (Bama), 3 toss ups (Uga, AU, &Uf), and the rest should be wins no matter who the coach is. They probably should've given Buttiffe a chance before the last 3 clowns they've hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The word in Tennessee was Coach Cut was pissed off at the firing of Coach Fulmer and told the then Athletic Director Hamilton where he could stick the job.