For those sitting in the summer heat.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
th.jpg
Spent the afternoon at a hot springs. Air temp 38 degrees F. Water temp was 100 F

We loved Istanbul, did a balloon ride over Cappadocia, and hit Pamukkale and other sites along the coast.
I have been to Istanbul 3 times, I think; it's ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. I did the balloon ride too. My tour went as far east as Mt Ararat (maybe 20 miles from it) and the Syrian border. We were supposed to spend a few days in Syria, but that was the first year of the troubles there, and that side-trip was obviously cancelled. Hated that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Issues I have driving on the left.

I tend to drift left which makes my wife nervous....getting close to the edge of the road.

Making right hand turns, I tend to turn into the right hand lane. Oops

The turn signal and wiper controls are reversed. I cannot count the times I have turned on the wipers when trying to signal

New Zealand and Aussie driver's tend to be much more polite than the average U.S. driver.
Yes, but...it's New Zealand. Hardly anyone lives there so you will see few other vehicles on the road compared to the UK. Now, avoiding the sheep might be another matter....

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
6:00 pm here...we are going star gazing tonight at the observatory. It was overcast most of the day.....then about 4:30 the skys cleared.

And I assume you have figured out a way to do all this AS you are on GT Swarm ? It would be a major sin to put us 3rd to your trip and wife. Just saying. Loyalty is a big thing and we get jealous.