Football transfers

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This list only confirms my thinking that transfers do not have a significant impact on a program. In fact, I am of the opinion that many are actually encouraged to transfer so we can move on to someone that might be more productive or a better team mate.

Go Jackets!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Cam Newton and his heisman trophy + Natty Title say hello and transfers can have a significant impact on a program
Russell Wilson at Wisconsin, Chad Kelly at Ole Miss, and Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma all also played important roles in their teams winning BCS/NY6 Bowls.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Lamont Simmons. Something about Tech fans. When we get a transfer he just made the greatest decision known to man. When we lose a player due to transfer he is doomed for all eternity and will probably be collecting well fare checks after he graduates.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Lamont Simmons. Something about Tech fans. When we get a transfer he just made the greatest decision known to man. When we lose a player due to transfer he is doomed for all eternity and will probably be collecting well fare checks after he graduates.
It's a symptom of TBS.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Russell Wilson at Wisconsin, Chad Kelly at Ole Miss, and Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma all also played important roles in their teams winning BCS/NY6 Bowls.
Well, in fairness, Chad Kelly while a transfer from Clemson was one of those Army draft-era moves. He could either get out of town or Swinney would draft him out of town. And Swinney didn't wait. He was booted and had no choice. The other side of the coin is Russell Wilson and nobody at NC State understands O'Brien's bullheadedness on this one. Willson was a returning starter with experience in O'Brien's system and wanted to see if he had a baseball future. O'Brien issued one of those Lee Ermey Marine Corps edicts to show up on time or else. Willson chose or else, took his chances, failed at baseball but then excelled at Wisconsin (won a Rose Bowl, I believe) and now in Seattle. A bizarre kind of Junction Boys, Bear Bryant I-am-in-charge-here ultimatums with no purpose except to hurt the team.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Well, in fairness, Chad Kelly while a transfer from Clemson was one of those Army draft-era moves. He could either get out of town or Swinney would draft him out of town. And Swinney didn't wait. He was booted and had no choice. The other side of the coin is Russell Wilson and nobody at NC State understands O'Brien's bullheadedness on this one. Willson was a returning starter with experience in O'Brien's system and wanted to see if he had a baseball future. O'Brien issued one of those Lee Ermey Marine Corps edicts to show up on time or else. Willson chose or else, took his chances, failed at baseball but then excelled at Wisconsin (won a Rose Bowl, I believe) and now in Seattle. A bizarre kind of Junction Boys, Bear Bryant I-am-in-charge-here ultimatums with no purpose except to hurt the team.
There was also the mike glennon situation, with many people saying that if Wilson came back Glennon would transfer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There was also the mike glennon situation, with many people saying that if Wilson came back Glennon would transfer

Man, all I remember of Russell Wilson is him making plays all over the field on us. Dude was a BIG TIME player. O'Brien once told a reporter that Glennon was the best QB prospect he ever had...and keep in mind, Matt Ryan also played for him at BC.

Let's see, both Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan are Pro Bowl NFL QBs and have been starters from Day 1. Glennon is barely hanging on as a reserve. Oops.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Well you can cherry pick and come up with a few that made an impact but the vast majority do not leave an imprint.

Go Jackets!

I disagree just because all transfers aren't the caliber as Cam Newton, Baker Mafield etc... doesn't mean they don't contribute to the team. Keep in mind yes they may not fit in at their previous school but there is a reason the team they transfer to wants them.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I disagree just because all transfers aren't the caliber as Cam Newton, Baker Mafield etc... doesn't mean they don't contribute to the team. Keep in mind yes they may not fit in at their previous school but there is a reason the team they transfer to wants them.
Vad Lee is a fine example.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
If we're nothing else, we are Tech fans..