Football transfers

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Myles Autry-Played 2 games for De Anza college this fall. Had 2 carries for 9 yards.
CJ Leggett- Played for Mesa Community college, led the team in attempts. May surface at USCE http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...h-carolina/usc-football/article121042113.html
Donovan Wilson-Rushed for 500 yards at Bowling Green as a JR
Darrius Commisoing- Played for ECU, was kicked off team after he beat a dog to death
Ty Griffin-had 3 tackles for Oregon as a JR
Travis Custis-had 300 rushing yards for West Georgia
Anthony Autry-had 44 catches for Texas A&M-Kingsville
Justin Akins-had 26 tackles for MTSU
Kevin Robbins-In the 2 deep at Ohio

Huntrey

Georgia Tech Fan
Myles Autry-Played 2 games for De Anza college this fall. Had 2 carries for 9 yards.
CJ Leggett- Played for Mesa Community college, led the team in attempts. May surface at USCE http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...h-carolina/usc-football/article121042113.html
Darrius Commisoing- Played for ECU, was kicked off team after he beat a dog to death

Nice job, thanks for doing the legwork. Any inclination where M. Autry may end up?

Any idea where Dante Wigley wound up?

More - what about this year's transfers? Have any (besides Marshall) declared where they're going?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Beat a dog to death.....?
I have no compassion for someone of this stature.

Unless the dog was rabid and attacking his kid or sibling......

The team evidently did the right thing as well.
Wow...

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Leggett committed to Mercer

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for compilin that list. What I am gathering from this is that for the most part but not in all cases those who transferred did not advance their football aspirations at all, even at lower classes. Kind of raises questions about our recruiting in the first place but almost certainly says they would never have contributed at Tech.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for compilin that list. What I am gathering from this is that for the most part but not in all cases those who transferred did not advance their football aspirations at all, even at lower classes. Kind of raises questions about our recruiting in the first place but almost certainly says they would never have contributed at Tech.
Only if it compares unfavorably to average attrition rates around college football. Unfortunately, we have to blow that average out of the water to be able to compete. Contrary to how this relatively short term data looks, over a longer period of time, our attrition rate is among the best. Also, imo, we've tacked away from character question marks, for the most part, in recent classes. I think our attrition rate will soon normalize to our norm, which is much higher than the over all norm. Our grad rates are among the best in spite of having one of the most rigorous academic standards in big boy football.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Only if it compares unfavorably to average attrition rates around college football. Unfortunately, we have to blow that average out of the water to be able to compete. Contrary to how this relatively short term data looks, over a longer period of time, our attrition rate is among the best. Also, imo, we've tacked away from character question marks, for the most part, in recent classes. I think our attrition rate will soon normalize to our norm, which is much higher than the over all norm. Our grad rates are among the best in spite of having one of the most rigorous academic standards in big boy football.

As someone with ties to the old Georgia Southern program under Erk, CPJ, etc., the old saying among that crew was that "if they transfer, its usually for a reason." I always took that to mean that if players from our program want to leave, odds are that something was keeping them from being a solid contributor (attitude, better players at their position, etc.) and if they were coming in, you had to watch out for attitude issues.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
True, and per Foxyg post, maybe the real "tell" from this is that it is true that a recruiter can measure skill and athleticism, but he can't measure heart. The "want to" is the mystery guest in every recruit I suppose.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In Ty Griffin's defense he has had a torn ACL for a good portion of the year, I was doing PT with him at Emory while he was on break