Football is a funny game....

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Dormandy looks like a completely different qb then he did against us in the 2nd half. He's constantly under throwing everything now.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I am more concerned with kickoff and punt return coverage than anything. One of these days, somebody is going to bust one of those returns all the way, unless we learn how to bottle up the returner and TACKLE !!!

Too late Pitt has already done so and UNC was a step away a couple of times today. It is a viable concern for sure.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our D gave up big plays that took little time off the clock late in that game. I am still concerned about our D when facing an elite O-line, and UT has some very, very good O-linemen, although I think they are down 2 now since our game.

Against, UGAG, UT faced an extremely physical, fast D. That is the bottom line.

FYI - Our coach said our errors on O would get us beat against "good" teams, and we have a lot of "good" teams left on the schedule. I agree with PJ. We will need to play clean (no turnovers or huge penalties) to have any chance against UM, CU, VT, and yes, UGAG.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
JJ doesn't fumble, game over.
Davis doesn't miss the FG, game over.
We've had some come our way over the years too... 2009 vs Wake. 2014 VT game. 2014 and 2016 dwag games. Boston College game last year.... can't win 'em all...

Edit: Oh and of course, FSU game ;)
Difference is we didn't get man handled in those games like UT did against us.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am going to use two seasons as samples:

2005: Tech beats Auburn, Auburn beats uga, so by that logic Tech should beat uga that year. Nope. Tech lost to uga 14-7.

Last Season: uga beats UNC, Tech gets rolled by UNC, so logically uga beats Tech. We all know how the COFH game last year turned out.

What I am saying is that the whole "common opponent" thing is just a waste of time. Each game is different and many different factors apply. So do not fret, the sky is not falling and a lot can change from now until the end of the season. It's still September for Christ's sake.

Yep, comparing scores is the folly of fools.

Being said, ugag is giving their O things they can run efficiently. And they have their always talented D players coached to do the basics correctly and making the right calls. Sadly.

We outgain Tennessee by 286 yards and lose by one in 2OT. UG[sic]A outgains Tennessee by only 236 and wins the game by 41. I'm not a dumb guy, but I need someone to explain this one to me.
Georgia's defense suffocated Tennessee. We let them score 28 points in regulation. That is the difference.

I am going to use two seasons as samples:

2005: Tech beats Auburn, Auburn beats uga, so by that logic Tech should beat uga that year. Nope. Tech lost to uga 14-7.

Last Season: uga beats UNC, Tech gets rolled by UNC, so logically uga beats Tech. We all know how the COFH game last year turned out.

What I am saying is that the whole "common opponent" thing is just a waste of time. Each game is different and many different factors apply. So do not fret, the sky is not falling and a lot can change from now until the end of the season. It's still September for Christ's sake.
Anybody up for rescheduling the UCF game? :) USF vs UCF at the end of the year might be a really big deal.