Football is a funny game....

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If it wasn't for the two turnovers and the two missed field goals we would have probably beat them 48-28 at least. UGA didn't do what we did and so they beat them bad. If we play mistake free against UGA I think we can win. I'm not that impressed with their O, but that D looks GOOD!!!!

If it wasn't for the two turnovers and the two missed field goals we would have probably beat them 48-28 at least. UGA didn't do what we did and so they beat them bad. If we play mistake free against UGA I think we can win. I'm not that impressed with their O, but that D looks GOOD!!!!
But they have had GOOD defenses in the past and couldn't stop us.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
But they have had GOOD defenses in the past and couldn't stop us.
When exactly did this happen? Under CPJ, we have beaten UGA when they had a top 25 defense in 2014, when we were a top 10 team. They ranked 14th at the time via S&P, and are currently at 8th. We also had the 34th best offense now and the 4th best offense then. However, we have the 34th best Defense now and the 66th in 2014. Looks better than I expected, but UGA's D is still scary good. My own computer analytics have them with the second best defense behind michigan

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Georgia probably could’ve turned it over 6 times and won that game today.

UGA looks like a legit top 10 or so team. Tennessee looks like we all suspected. "All hat and no cattle" as they say in Texas. Not a top 25 team as they have been all year and really not even a fringe top 25 team. Where does that leave us? Well, in a lot better shape than the Vols that's for sure. As always, Tech is a team with little margin for error and that means limiting both turnovers and penalties and cleaning up special teams. A lot to do before Miami which will be our litmus test for this year.

UGA looks like a legit top 10 or so team. Tennessee looks like we all suspected. "All hat and no cattle" as they say in Texas. Not a top 25 team as they have been all year and really not even a fringe top 25 team. Where does that leave us? Well, in a lot better shape than the Vols that's for sure. As always, Tech is a team with little margin for error and that means limiting both turnovers and penalties and cleaning up special teams. A lot to do before Miami which will be our litmus test for this year.
I am more concerned with kickoff and punt return coverage than anything. One of these days, somebody is going to bust one of those returns all the way, unless we learn how to bottle up the returner and TACKLE !!!

northgajacket

Banned
I am going to use two seasons as samples:

2005: Tech beats Auburn, Auburn beats uga, so by that logic Tech should beat uga that year. Nope. Tech lost to uga 14-7.

Last Season: uga beats UNC, Tech gets rolled by UNC, so logically uga beats Tech. We all know how the COFH game last year turned out.

What I am saying is that the whole "common opponent" thing is just a waste of time. Each game is different and many different factors apply. So do not fret, the sky is not falling and a lot can change from now until the end of the season. It's still September for Christ's sake.