Football Camps

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I really love hearing about the involvement of past football players in these camps. I think that those guys can be some of the best recruiting ambassadors for the program. Imagine parents getting to meet guys like Nesbitt, Washington, and Roddy Jones. They can ask them about what they are up to after graduating from Tech and how the Institute set them up for their futures.

Same thing goes for the kinds of speeches Derrick Moore could give at these kind of events to demonstrate what Tech and its athletic program can do for a kid lucky enough to earn a scholarship.
Anybody know what Nesbitt is up to these days?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
He is a sales rep for the Georgia Lottery.

"Okay, I think we can sell 500 tickets a month"

3390092.jpeg

"Alright, we'll sell 1000 tickets a month"

3390092.jpeg

"... how many tickets do you need us to sell?"

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know what Nesbitt is up to these days?
I actually did not know until Clydebrick gave an update. But I think it is a reasonable assumption that Tech does a good job of getting guys who make it through ready for life beyond college and football. And my comment is also premised on the assumption that if they came back to help out at these camps then they do have a fondness for their alma mater and the football program.

So the former players can talk about having gotten tryouts for the NFL (like Nesbitt and Uzzi) but also the kinds of internships they were able to secure because of Tech. They are also not so far removed in years from the high schoolers at these camps so their input could really make an impression.