Florida A&M @ Georgia Tech, Friday 12/18 @ 7pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Georgia Tech (2-3 ACC) vs. Florida A&M (1-4 MEAC)

KenPom:
Georgia Tech: 72
Florida A&M: 304

They are terrible at most metrics (just being honest). They lost to FGCU by 9, lost to Georgia by 10, lost to Oregon by 21, lost to Oklahoma by 31, and then just beat Austin Peay by 6.

They average about 18 turnovers a game (vs our 13) but only 7 steals per game (vs our 9). They have some good shooters, but once you get outside the top 2-3 people, it drops off quickly...and their free throw shooting is 64%/not good (vs our 74%). We also have about a +7 rebounding margin on them.

So the net-net of it is on the back of a napkin, we should shoot a couple percent better than them, we should have 12-15 more shots than them, and you put that all together and the calculator would probably predict a 15 point win.

Deleted member 2897

Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is some good basketball. Please and thank you.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Always weary of opening up these threads, since earlier in the week two Lady J’s games were cancelled due to a coronageddon case within the program parameters.

Fingers crossed the MBB program avoids a similar quarantine.

GT_EE78

Banned
We need to put this game away early and get time with Saba or Banks on the court with the starters/main rotation players.

Would also love to see Maxwell get some time if he could
I'm with ya on this, love to see Banks out there too!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What's funny is other than missing some good looks there really isn't anything in particular that I would point to as bad. Rebounding was fine. Ended up shooting 40% from 3. 18 assists only 10 turnovers. I guess defensive intensity wasn't what it should have been in the second half if I had to point to something, but even then it felt more like them hitting some contested shots and us being committed to not fouling, for the most part, so not putting as much ball pressure as we usually do.

Oh well, game was never really in doubt, got Saba some minutes, and had a chance to shoot ourselves into rhythm hopefully.