"Flagship Station"?

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
If you're north of the city I've found 95.7 out of Rome available. But I do know what you mean 93.7 in Atlanta is a joke, power wise, I live in Marietta and have major issues getting reception. It's another one of my gripes about the 680 family
@OldJacketFan
THIS exactly!!!!!!!

Look at this:

WCNN_AM_LN.gif

See the huge dent in Cobb?? That's why we can't get it!!

Really ****es me off!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
T
Insightful analysis doesn't pay the bills, and you can look at the state of television for the lesson. Channels like "The Learning Channel" and "The History Channel" have almost zero to do with learning and history respectively.

Wait ... are you trying to suggest that the Knights Templar did NOT bury the Ark of the Covenant on Oak Island?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I heard our flagship station announce today that Tech would be in Charlotte playing in the ACC tournament tonight. Either they pay no attention whatsoever to Tech or the ACC, or Tech is going to have to forfeit for not being in DC where the tournament is.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I heard our flagship station announce today that Tech would be in Charlotte playing in the ACC tournament tonight. Either they pay no attention whatsoever to Tech or the ACC, or Tech is going to have to forfeit for not being in DC where the tournament is.

Why am I not surprised? :banghead: Just a complete crap job on Tech, as usual by our "Flagship Station".................................

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Ah, back in the day. I still recall that station jingle: "WGST, top of the deck. WGST from Georgia Tech." As you probably already know, WGST was started and owned by Georgia Tech and GST stood for Georgia School of Technology, which was what Tech was before it became an "institute". It's broadcast studios moved to the Alexander Memorial Coliseum during the 50s when AMC was built. If memory serves, it was sold for around $5 million sometime during the 1960s and later its broadcast frequency changed to 680.
Was that not 640?

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I listen to the George Tech IMG Sports Network on Tunein and that's how i keep up with GT sports here in Tennessee
That's great, as long as you're by your computer, or have plenty of battery and data on your phone. But that's what we're complaining about. If you're in your car, don't want to run your phone down or run data overage, there aren't any real radio options any longer.

The GTAA may think that's "modern", but they're losing a chunk of followers that have busy schedules or don't feel like feeding the telecoms more cash than they're already extracting from us.

That's great, as long as you're by your computer, or have plenty of battery and data on your phone. But that's what we're complaining about. If you're in your car, don't want to run your phone down or run data overage, there aren't any real radio options any longer.

The GTAA may think that's "modern", but they're losing a chunk of followers that have busy schedules or don't feel like feeding the telecoms more cash than they're already extracting from us.
When I am in my car, I use the bluetooth option to play whatever I might be listening to on my phone through the car radio. I guess the data limit is still a problem, but by plugging in the phone to charge while in the car, at least I don't run down the battery. Plus I also have Sirius XM in the car, and some Tech programming (games, at least) are often on one of those channels.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Good points that you make! It's too bad that GT can't get an Atlanta blowtorch to carry their football and basketball games.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
When I am in my car, I use the bluetooth option to play whatever I might be listening to on my phone through the car radio. I guess the data limit is still a problem, but by plugging in the phone to charge while in the car, at least I don't run down the battery. Plus I also have Sirius XM in the car, and some Tech programming (games, at least) are often on one of those channels.

I live in the middle of nowhere(a couple of miles from the Tennessee-North Carolina border) so if you drive two miles away you get a dead spot for all cellular services.