Fixing court color at McCamish

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not sure when McTit was refurbished but it seems like we went at least 5 years without out court looking like baby poop on tv. I really don’t care about the accent color but gold should look gold. It’s our damn color after all.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
AKA, what it’s been for the past 100 years or so now. (Oh boy, more color debates ;):nailbiting:)

Blue has not been a Main color since recently, just a trim color.

I think that has changed.

As regards the court - when it was painted last time - there was not one soul at GT who raised the question of testing it “under the lights and on tv monitors”?

Just like a few years ago when we broke out new football tops of White with Gold numbers. Nobody could read them from the stands.

Sometimes we have the biggest congregation of smart people that are dumb azzes in the world.

Last edited:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'll acknowledge that navy is officially one of our colors but 300 of the 350 Division I basketball teams are navy. It's just ****ing boring. We have a chance to be special because of our gold main color and we refuse to even acknowledge it time and time again. I thought TStan had committed to the gold but that seems farcical at this point from everything I've seen from merch to our basketball court.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
We already know the new GT gold sucks when it is used as a border to the court. So why the surprise at blue? I guess the only other option was a clear border but that would most likely work worse.

Anyone who has worked with colors in print, web or TV knows that they often don't come through the way you expect.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Heck if it isn’t.

We have 3 main colors now - White / Blue / Gold.

I mean, we won the 1990 National Championship in Navy...so...

photos.medleyphoto.8304489.jpg