First scrimmage action of the year today

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
cid:FCC2FA88-E942-4FAE-86C7-F65864F47327
See if this works

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Snoddy's track times make him seem that he is getting faster. Would like to see that speed translate to the football field. There may not be a football player in America faster than Snoddy. Keith Marshall doesn't have that speed. Snoddy's biggest problem is that he can't change direction very well and doesn't have good vision for a running back. Godhigh is the best Tech has had at finding the seam and making people miss in the CPJ era.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Snoddy's track times make him seem that he is getting faster. Would like to see that speed translate to the football field. There may not be a football player in America faster than Snoddy. Keith Marshall doesn't have that speed. Snoddy's biggest problem is that he can't change direction very well and doesn't have good vision for a running back. Godhigh is the best Tech has had at finding the seam and making people miss in the CPJ era.
Guys like Godhigh are rare. His change off direction and make you miss was breathtaking. I agree that Snoddy isn't in that category, but I don't think he is THAT bad in the move department. With him we have a small sample size to diagnose. There has to be some issue there, considering his blazing speed, that has kept him off the field. I haven't heard a coach ever say what it was in particular. What is it? stone hands? poor blocking? poor vision/instincts?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Guys like Godhigh are rare. His change off direction and make you miss was breathtaking. I agree that Snoddy isn't in that category, but I don't think he is THAT bad in the move department. With him we have a small sample size to diagnose. There has to be some issue there, considering his blazing speed, that has kept him off the field. I haven't heard a coach ever say what it was in particular. What is it? stone hands? poor blocking? poor vision/instincts?

So far it has been a combo of all that...His hands have gotten better though.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the real reason you haven't seen his speed on the football field is due to poor perimeter blocking. Looked pretty agile to me, just never had any clear lanes in the limited opportunities he got.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Snoddy at Aback with JT at QB....TO should be fierce with that speed combo at work. We will see. Always thought he had a difficult time picking and busting through a lane at the line of scrimmage.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
10.28 is BLAZING.
He had the maximum allowable tailwind (2.0 meters per second). Without the tailwind, that's probably a step slower than the 10.40 he was "seeded" at; however, there's a lot of evidence that just being able to hit a particular time - even with wind - makes you more likely to hit it legally.

Imagine what he'd be doing if not for football!

I'm glad he's getting a shot at AB, but I'd still like to see him get some more minutes at BB.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
10.28 is BLAZING.
He had the maximum allowable tailwind (2.0 meters per second). Without the tailwind, that's probably a step slower than the 10.40 he was "seeded" at; however, there's a lot of evidence that just being able to hit a particular time - even with wind - makes you more likely to hit it legally.

Imagine what he'd be doing if not for football!

I'm glad he's getting a shot at AB, but I'd still like to see him get some more minutes at BB.
I'd think there would be a decent chance we might see him at both spots. If he remains at Aback through the spring and going into the fall anyway. Should know both positions well enough then to manage it. Still not sure what his aptitude is at finding the hole and busting through it....his chances have been limited thus far though so maybe it's too early to judge that properly.