First Offensive Play vs. UT?

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ likes to call a pass early on, to try to loosen up the defense. It's no secret. TN knows it's a distinct possibility, though not a probability. Of course, running something "standard" in the playbook, not only to probe the Vol defense but also something "comfortable" for the offense, also would make sense. So -- do neither. ;) And since we're just having some fun spitballing here ---

QB draw. What the heck.

Standard double-slot formation. Standard orbit motion by one A-back, opposite the direction to which the QB will pump fake.

Pump fake to Jeune or Stewart, and then tuck and run north, young man. Get those Vols looking one way, then the other, then go up the gut. Yeah, I'm thinking like a fan, but that's my pay level for it. $0.00, and worth every penny. :)

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The Quantum leap - and then have the scoreboard flash 28-27 with Athens replay. May only get 4 yards but it will be worth it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I hope sometime during the game we run a Bback draw. Someone posted one recently with Dwyer. Give it to Benson, let him find a hole and use his speed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ok, I finally put some thought into it. First offensive play will be a called dive which some rando TN guy will blow up in the backfield.

All the Volls will rejoice. "We got tha blueprint!" and "Ess-ee-ceee, baybe!!"

On 2nd and 13, we'll take it to the house.

Cameras will pan to Lyle who'll have his patented look. You know the one ...

durr.gif

#Tenneknees
#BOWK