First Offensive Play vs. UT?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
is it too early to think about this?

My guess- fake Triple-option play that is really a rollout and pass to a wide open A-back
I love this play, the one to lynch last year was BEAUTIFUL. We don't do it often though.

I'm going with a QB follow, CPJ will want to see what the safeties are doing with inside runs to see what he can set up outside. If they cheat outside keep calling plays inside and then when they cheat in hit them outside.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
A-Back Iso (whatever that first play was against KS in 2011). After watching how Shoop's PSU D played Army a couple years ago, I think that one would go.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
giphy.gif

ETA: #BOWK

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Old fashioned "guard around." (Yes, linemen can be ball carriers within certain conitions.) Upon the snap, Shamire pivots toward the backfield, heads a couple of yards back behind [your favorite] QB who hands the ball off to Shamire, and three Tennessee defenders get "the vapors" and pass out :eek: when seeing Devine come their way. The remaining eight Vols eventually gang-tackle Shamire 15 yards down the field, but two Vol DBs have the air knocked out of them as Shamire collapses on those two poor guys who were at the bottom of the pile.

There's an official time out as the grounds crew digs the two Vol DBs out of the ground, leaving two DB-sized imprints in the field.

Good times, good times.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will say rocket toss every single year. It's not as sexy as the 3O, a pass, or PA, but man, the ball gets to the perimeter SOOO fast. If WR blocking is good, it's almost a guaranteed 6 yards.