First game with my daughter, looking for advice.

daytonlawvol

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone,

Really impressed with our trip to Tech. The cheerleading clinic was excellent, the cheerleaders really made my daughter feel important and special. Really big deal for her. Ga Tech is similar to Tennessee in that the campus is pretty much blocked off by Atlanta, so there isnt a ton of room to work with like Athens, Auburn, Clemson or other places. Knoxville is similar in that Tennessee's campus is surrounded by the interstate, a river and downtown Knoxville. I thought Tech did a fantastic job with the gameday experience with what they have to work with. Loved the stadium, loved the experience. The outcome of the game wasnt what was expected, but I walked away with a great amount of respect for Tech and how we were treated. Love your school and Ill definitely be back. Thanks everyone for the advice, it was much appreciated.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello everyone,

Really impressed with our trip to Tech. The cheerleading clinic was excellent, the cheerleaders really made my daughter feel important and special. Really big deal for her. Ga Tech is similar to Tennessee in that the campus is pretty much blocked off by Atlanta, so there isnt a ton of room to work with like Athens, Auburn, Clemson or other places. Knoxville is similar in that Tennessee's campus is surrounded by the interstate, a river and downtown Knoxville. I thought Tech did a fantastic job with the gameday experience with what they have to work with. Loved the stadium, loved the experience. The outcome of the game wasnt what was expected, but I walked away with a great amount of respect for Tech and how we were treated. Love your school and Ill definitely be back. Thanks everyone for the advice, it was much appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback. It's always something to hear from fans who don't have specific ties to the school on how the experience is - glad to hear that it was a good one!

Didn't even know there was a cheerleading clinic this weekend - but SO glad to hear your daughter got to take advantage of it! I know my sister would have been ecstatic to have been able to go to something like that at age 8, particularly if the Tech cheerleaders made her feel like she was doing awesome.

Thanks again for posting - hope to see you around the board and the stadium on future gamedays!