First Above The Line Depth Chart Released

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If the current R-Jr's were to leave, you'd see Owens at DT next year and Chimedza... those 2 would be the starters next year. I do expect we will see some good names at DT before this class is finished.

Douse and Lockhart are both playing DT in the freshman class.

We'll be fine.

Forgot about Lockhart, and Jamal Camp as well. Douse and Owens seem more suited for DE though.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
3/5 of the OL spots are locked

LT Quinney
RG Souther
RT Defoors

With Hansen MIA (i think he’s not cleared of an injury) LG and C is a bit unclear

Could go
Morgan LG
LaGod C

or

Minihan LG
Morgan C
What about Cooper? I'll be disappointed if he isn't starting somewhere.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
True Freshman walkon Dylan Leonard is ATL at tight end. I know we are paper thin there, but nice accomplishment. Demetrius Knight, Jamious Griffin, Kalani Norris, Ahmarean Brown are all also true freshmen above the line.

Watch his HS tape. That kid can play, and he played against high level competition. That' was one of Jordan Yates's biggest weapons at Milton.

He's more of a receiving threat than a blocker at TE right now, but that guy can be a VERY good TE for us as he develops over the next season or two. Honestly, I would not be surprised to see him get more snaps in passing situations than Dylan Deveney who came in on scholarship at TE.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Howard, Griffin, Malloy, Mason, and Smith.

On a general note, not having a real depth chart is annoying.

Guess we'll have to watch the game to see who plays and who is best that day.

Since I spent 11 years calling for more playing time for QBs, I think this is a fabulous concept and expect more substitutions if CGC does as he did at Temple. I don't expect great things right away but do by the end of three years.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Things I noticed-

Looks like Yates will be redshirting this year, which I am a-okay with. Build depth and knowledge.

Jaquan Henderson is tiny for a DE.

Dolphus, Jarrett, Tukes, and Hawkins-Anderson not being ATL are the most surprising, particularly Dolphus and Tukes.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah you must have missed it but we all knew he was atl. It was discussed here. Older and mature and been here in spring.

Really there are no atl surprises. Maybe 1-2 players on development team are more surprising like hansen etc
Is Hansen completely healed?

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Watch his HS tape. That kid can play, and he played against high level competition. That' was one of Jordan Yates's biggest weapons at Milton.

He's more of a receiving threat than a blocker at TE right now, but that guy can be a VERY good TE for us as he develops over the next season or two. Honestly, I would not be surprised to see him get more snaps in passing situations than Dylan Deveney who came in on scholarship at TE.
Wonder if we might try camp at TE occasionally. He is a bit light at 220 but at a senior who spent his first three years blocking alot, I think he could handle a 260 DE. He would be an absolute nightmare matchup for a linebacker.