Final Four Games

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is the thing. We beat FSU and lost 2. We beat Louisville and then lost 3. So we are due for a win!

In all seriousness though I think we are improved from last year, however I have not seen improvement DURING this season. We are so hot and cold that I don't think we win another game unless it is a shocker like we did Miami last year.
Talking negative about players wouldn't improve anything. But stop making excuses, the schedule is not brutal, we play these caliber teams every year. It's the eyeball test, not the victories. How do we look over all, not good, Collins inherited players that went to a bowl game, so he needs to stop commenting that he needs his players, Come on that's a cop out. The coaches don't utilize the talent they have. So Collin basically saying every new coach should not win because they don't have players they didn't recruit??? That's BS ..My son transferred out of their last year, now he at a program that only been around for 8 years?? Now their 15 in the Country...Collins is not the answer if those are his comments..

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to see improvement in schemes as well as the play of our team. On offense, the mix of run and pass has been okay in most games. But the timing is a problem. Passing on 1st down..short passes has been lacking in most games. We actually did that a lot against FSU but not as much as other games. With regards to Sims, I think he is really struggling if his 1st option is covered. I would like to give him more safe options such as a back out of the backfield if his 1st option is covered. However, I am fully aware that most times the running back is left in for protection to help our OL. On defense, there is only so much we can do with runs in the middle of the field. We are struggling with our interior DL and out linebackers are normally making plays down the field. I think that contributes a lot to our defense being open in the middle with the intermediate passing. I think ND gave us a break by their style of offense. We have been burned a lot on the deep throws but they didn't try very many of those. I realistically think 2-2 would be a good finish considering where we are today.

Deleted member 2897

Talking negative about players wouldn't improve anything. But stop making excuses, the schedule is not brutal, we play these caliber teams every year. It's the eyeball test, not the victories. How do we look over all, not good, Collins inherited players that went to a bowl game, so he needs to stop commenting that he needs his players, Come on that's a cop out. The coaches don't utilize the talent they have. So Collin basically saying every new coach should not win because they don't have players they didn't recruit??? That's BS ..My son transferred out of their last year, now he at a program that only been around for 8 years?? Now their 15 in the Country...Collins is not the answer if those are his comments..

1604337390998.jpeg

I wish Christian wouldn't have transferred out. But come on, enjoy the fun new life and cut the cord and move on. Best wishes to him - he deserves only the best.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

thank you for your son's contributions here at GT. I am sorry that things did not work out for you and him here and wish y'all nothing but the best going forward. Sounds like things have worked out well for him at his new home and I will be rooting for him and them if they make it to the playoffs.You probably don't mean to come across like this but it does sound you have an axe to grind with the coaches. We do appreciate the input and feedback but your comments will be taken more seriously by the population here if you were to provide both positive and negative feedback. regards.

slugboy

Staff member
Never gonna have a chance against UCF? We were down like 4 defensive starters, had to scrap an entire position group on offense, and we’re still down 1 score in the 4th. Give us our full roster and we probably win that game.

Duke and NCSU are must wins. Believe State lost their QB a few weeks ago that was giving them hope this season. Those are both bad football clubs.

Pitt is beatable but it’s gonna have to be a low scoring 1 possession game. And CGC hasn’t given me much faith yet to be able to manage a game like that.

Miami is likely a L but certainly not conceding it yet. We’ll have a better chance going in than we did last year when we stole the W.

2-2 is a minimum for me to be happy. 4-7 still looks ugly but it would be an improvement from last year. We honestly need to go 3-1 though. We need a decent narrative to sell to recruits. And we don’t have one right now.
I forgot about NCST losing their QB for the season, and I posted it when it happened.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
They are all winnable if we show up to the game and look like we have improved from practice. Our last couple of games have been rough, but these are really winnable ones now . I just want to see that the coaches have a plan

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
How is Christian doing? You got to admit the Tech running back room is most likely our deepest.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So I think the struggle the fans are having is that we seem to be regressing. We won what I considered to be our first two winnable games, then we lost the next two...in pretty ridiculous fashion both times. But to answer some of the questions...yes, 5-6 would be an improvement over 3-9. To my (probably untrained) eyes our offense is better and our defense is much, much worse...so I'm not sure how we gauge progress. But two more wins and no loss to Citadel would be progress in my opinion.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Pitts all American safety Ford just opted out the rest of the season. And starting QB Pickett is still nursing an ankle injury and not expected to play against FSU this week. That’s a winnable game for sure.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I would encourage you to watch a replay of the game and isolate your focus on him. The vast majority of the plays, he’s either blitzing or following the play and going into the line to try and make a play. Either way, he just gets sucked up in the wash and lost. Notre Dame ran the ball 45 times and Curry had 2 solo tackles.

yep-I was hoping this yr he would be so smart and exp that he would be a real factor in short passing game def.He has not been.Twice he neither was covering a man of rushing the passer, I noticed in replay
He tries but as stated just gets lost.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Here is the thing. We beat FSU and lost 2. We beat Louisville and then lost 3. So we are due for a win!

In all seriousness though I think we are improved from last year, however I have not seen improvement DURING this season. We are so hot and cold that I don't think we win another game unless it is a shocker like we did Miami last year.

Losing all four remaining games is a possibility but I would like to think we win at least one, maybe Duke. Perhaps, we can beat Pitt also. 2-2 would be acceptable I am thinking under the circumstances. Losing all four would be deeply troubling and would give me pause as to whether we are on the right track with this coaching staff.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
yep-I was hoping this yr he would be so smart and exp that he would be a real factor in short passing game def.He has not been.Twice he neither was covering a man of rushing the passer, I noticed in replay
He tries but as stated just gets lost.
To be fair, it can look that way if he is playing a zone or spying a player....

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
It goes on def ears unfortunately

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I think these final four games are where we may actually see if this team is progressing or not. Despite how bad we’ve looked at times up until now, the schedule has been quite brutal. We were never really going to have a chance against UCF, Clemson, or ND. We split the other four games at 2-2...which honestly may not be that unreasonable. Now what we have left is a different story. If we eliminate mistakes we can realistically beat Pitt, Duke, and NC State. Miami is probably another L. To me, 2-2 would be an ok result, but I think going 3-1 over the stretch could build some real momentum going into next year. If we come out of this stretch at 1-3 or 0-4 then I’ll have a hard time being convinced that we are improving as a team.
Your forgetting the 4-0 possibility

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Your forgetting the 4-0 possibility
Is that really a possibility? Anything about our team right now make you think we could flip a switch and win four in a row? There's basically three games where we're even with our opponent at best and one where we are a clear underdog. I think 4-0 is a stretch.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Losing all four remaining games is a possibility but I would like to think we win at least one, maybe Duke. Perhaps, we can beat Pitt also. 2-2 would be acceptable I am thinking under the circumstances. Losing all four would be deeply troubling and would give me pause as to whether we are on the right track with this coaching staff.

State is probably the most likely W of the 4.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Is that really a possibility? Anything about our team right now make you think we could flip a switch and win four in a row? There's basically three games where we're even with our opponent at best and one where we are a clear underdog. I think 4-0 is a stretch.
I think having a bye week coming up and pitt is beatable and duke and ncst are beatable miami is the only iffy one