Final 2014 Season Predictions

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Aug. 30 Wofford - WIN Should be eleventy-million to 3 final score. If it's close, I am officially worried.
Sept. 6 at Tulane - WIN This game might be closer than expected (maybe only win by a TD) because of a jacked up team opening their new stadium. Still thinking we win by 2 td's.
Sept. 13 Georgia Southern - WIN The only thing that worries me about this game is how many GaSo fans flood the stadium. Otherwise, this is still a team that two years ago was an FCS team.
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - WIN By God, we're due to win a close game. VT's offense being in disarray and the losses on D only helps.
Sept. 27 OPEN We always win the Bye weeks....
Oct. 4 Miami - LOSS I've always felt like we don't generally match up well against Miami. We face uga/Clemson talent yet don't have enough history with them to have that "rivalry" equalizer. Hoping this changes soon.
Oct. 11 Duke - WIN They're still Dook until proven otherwise...
Oct. 18 at North Carolina - TOSS UP L. My intellect says we are the better team but my gut says they're due for a surprise W.
Oct. 25 at Pitt - WIN New everything and the old version wasn't that good.
Nov. 1 UVA - WIN Get the kerosene ready. This team is a dumpster fire waiting to happen. I don't see London surviving the 2014 season.
Nov. 8 at NC State - WIN I don't foresee NCSU being a real threat this year.
Nov. 15 Clemson - TOSS UP
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at georgie - TOSS UP

So, 8-2 with two true toss ups. 8-4, 9-3 & 10-2 are all extremely realistic. I'll split the difference and say 9-3.

Looks like I misjudged the Miami game and the Fluke game. I correctly called the UNCheat game. I also wimped out on calling the Clempson and u(sic)ga games, though I did predict 9 wins. I am hoping I was wrong on the win count.... ;)

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Oh, dang! Reading through this I just realized I never actually submitted my prediction! Luckily, the site saved it as a draft all those months ago. I hope my late submission will be accepted. Here it is:

Aug. 30 WOFFORD --W
Sept. 6 at Tulane --W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN --W (surprising nail biter, but the ending sets the tone for the season)
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech --W (close win on a field goal)
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI --W (dominate time of possession, something like 40 minutes)
Oct. 11 DUKE --L (lightning storm at half time and poor officiating will lead to our first loss, just a hunch)
Oct. 18 at North Carolina --L (feel bad about this game, I think it'll be a shootout)
Oct. 25 at Pitt --W (I think we generate some turnovers in this game, maybe 5 or 6)
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA --W
Nov. 8 at NC State --W
Nov. 15 CLEMSON --W (bold prediction: we hold them to less than 7 points)
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia --W (complete blowout, team takes an early lead and never looks back)

10-2 season. Headed to the Orange Bowl.

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
My projection of 10-2 is very much in reach! We are in great position to play 3 more great games and have 2 weeks to prepare for UGA.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
i called 9 win team if healthy....we have stayed relatively healthy all year...on OL and DL...only one game without a DL starter!!!! All D is healthy. On O other than perk and laskey...pretty healthy.

I never thought we would be 9-2 going into UGA. Never.

I figured another ~8 win team...factoring in health.

They have exceeded my prediction...great job by the kids and staff

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Looks like my predictions are the most accurate. I will have them finished by Jan 2 2015 :) although I guess they should be called postdictions then.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I predict we go 11-2, with the second loss being to crabman in the acc championship.

I didn't refresh this earlier because I didn't want to jinx any games, but A couple people came close at the beginning. There were a lot of negative Nancy's though.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Aug. 30 WOFFORD W
Sept. 6 at Tulane W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech W
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI L-OT
Oct. 11 DUKE W
Oct. 18 at North Carolina W
Oct. 25 at Pitt W
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA W
Nov. 8 at NC State W
Nov. 15 CLEMSON L
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia W

I had the wrong L's but had us at 10-2

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
GT finishes 9-3 w/ victories over Clemson & UGA. UGA finishes 6-6 & fires Mark Richt. Tennesee recieves sanctions for their recruiting shenanigans. Saban leaves Bama to coach the NFL's London Jaguars.

GT capitalizes on our good season, recruiting momentum, and turmoil amongst the SEC carpetbaggers by convinving GA's top talent (Trent Thompson, Abernathy, and Tery Godwin) to play college ball in the Capital of the South.

Oh, and there will be a consensus 100 years peace agreement between all parties in the Middle East, the US & Russian governments will work together to promote green energy worldwide, & Comcast will delieverer reliable service & internet speeds close to what's advertised. 2014 is shaping up to be the first good year this millennium!

Not to toot my own horn, but I was shockingly close:

"9-3 w/ victories over Clemson & UGA" (Slight addition error ;))

"UGA finishes 6-6 & fires Mark Richt" ~ = 9-3 + loss to GA Tech + JJ Green in-state transfer

"Saban leaves Bama to coach the NFL's" [Atlanta Falcons] = please, please, please come true

"GT capitalizes on our good season [and recruits GA's top talent to play at Tech]" = I just got the names wrong. AJ Gray, Saint-Amour, and Lands-Davis

100 years peace in the mideast. . . allies with Iran is probably the closest we'll come http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/world/middleeast/iraq.html?_r=0

US & Russia will promote green energy = China, russia - same thing. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/223808-us-china-agree-to-limit-greenhouse-gases

Xfinity is actually not too bad in atlanta https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Aug. 30 WOFFORD - Win. Lots of guys play. PJ runs out of guys to put in the game in the fourth quarter.
Sept. 6 at Tulane - Win.
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - Win. Big crowd, lots of fun, Jackets win by 20-plus.
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - Loss. 18-17. Hokies fumble snap on game-tying extra point with no time left, kicker does a Garo Ypremian imitation and it winds up in hands of some fifth string walk on in the end zone.
Sept. 27 OPEN - We pwn these guys.
Oct. 4 MIAMI - Win. And it's about dang time. 34-23. JT runs for 120, throws for 125 and 2 scores. Laskey 2 TDs.
Oct. 11 DUKE Win. Jackets roll 44-20
Oct. 18 at North Carolina Win. 34-24.
Oct. 25 at Pitt Win. 28-20.
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA Win. 56-(-2). Virginia docked two points because they have yet to fire Mike London.
Nov. 8 at NC State Win. 34-31.Jamal Golden pick on last drive seals win. Laskey gets 3 TDs, Synjyn takes option pitch 40 yards for another score.
Nov. 15 CLEMSON Win. 25-17. Only rush for 240 but D stands up big. I Johnson runs fumble back for a TD, Golden punt return sets up game-clinching score.
Nov. 22 OPEN - Again, we pwn these guys.
Nov. 29 at Georgia - Win. 43-42. Gurley scores TD with 50 seconds left but Jamal takes kickoff back to Dogs 35. JT scores on QB draw from the 15 and Synjyn throws 2 pt pass on trick play going for two to win the game.

Had us going 11-1. And it wasn't Garo Ypremian but Va Tech did score one of the most fluke TDs ever with Brewer running the fumble back.
It's the Nov. 29 prediction that looks almost eerie now, with their late TD, JT's run and instead of a TD, Butker's kick to tie it.

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
The only games I see in play for us to lose are VT, Clemson and UGA. Love to win 2 of those three in order UGA, VT and CU.

Lose any other would be a major disappointment as we should be favored (except maybe Miami if we lose to VT).

This schedule should get us 10 wins and heading to Charlotte!

I think I was quite close in the prediction area. I also predict we will beat a 2nd Bulldog team this season at the OB!