Film Study - Offense vs Duke

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will always feel like this game could have been won, even with a poor effort, if just a couple of things had changed.

IF we had pushed in for TD's instead of FG's on the two first half drives, we are leading 21-14 at the half, and the whole complexion of the game is different. I am not sure JT is throwing the ball like he had to do in the 2nd half. The poor calls by the refs really, REALLY bummed me out, and MUST have had a similar affect on the mentality of the team. That hurt more than I think we will ever know.

Ultimately, we simply proved that we are not good enough to overcome a combination of poor effort AND lousy refs. Had we had just one OR true other I think we might still have won that game. But the combination of both was just too much.

I honestly am not sure how those refs can sleep at night (unless they all live the the Triangle area of NC), but am ESPECIALLY upset that the league office does nothing about this. The non holding calls on Duke's O Line were the worst I have ever seen in my life...those were the most egregious. I also felt the non catch by Smelter was a horrid call. The non penalty on the hit on Golden bothered me a ton, as did the non call on the twisting of Justin's ankle. Those are things that even if missed in the heat of the moment, should have resulted in penalties after the fact.

The longer we are in this league, the more I want to see all things North Carolina (the state, not the Univ) diminished and ridiculed. They have way too much power up there and need to be reined in.

PS-how the team reacts in the next 3 games will determine our season (so says Captain Obvious)

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Pregame Miami pep talk was premature as I said before.
But isn't there a pregame pep talk before every game? Just because the AA decides to leak a recording of one doesn't mean that they don't happen. They just release them sometimes after the fact if it was a big win.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
These Fall Break exam week losses are pretty common at Tech. Especially visible in basketball and they try and intentionally schedule the weakest opponents they can get for that week.

At most D1 schools the kids do not have to do shi-ola for school work or testing. And I do mean most.