Film Study - Defense vs Wofford

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
are you saying that it is not a surprise to you that woff OUTRUSHED us by a considerable margin

Not that big of a surprise to me. Wofford runs the ball a lot too. And CPJ typically does a good job of taking what the D gives him. Maybe that seems odd to you. Why don't you take a look at total yards if you want to compare competitive strengths. I know that might not play in to the axe you wish to grind tho.

CTJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is my hope also.
I vacillate between two poles, one in which I say we are in really big trouble this year on defense, and the other in which I say CTR is holding back some stunts and schemes for the meat of the schedule.
I can't imagine he's not to be honest. It doesn't make sense to open up everything with the level we're facing.

CTJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course we were, but Roof et al. seemed concerned that we missed 11 tackles on 60 plays.
As well they should. I did see some things I was concerned with. Let's just hope tomorrow is a step in the right direction!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Staff member
are you saying that it is not a surprise to you that woff OUTRUSHED us by a considerable margin and that is not an indictment on our def?
btw--don't even begin to talk how they had 8 men in the box--I watched the tape--we played tighter than they did generally
lets see what happens this week--if we stop their run game ( less than 130 yds)then it was an aberration and I'm wrong

I believe that Tulane had less than 100 on the ground today.