Favorite road win

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been fortunate to see several wins at Auburn, Georgia, and Clemson. One of the best games I have ever seen in person wasn't a win, the Little Joe express in Tallahasee. Younger folks on here don' t realize how good FSU was for a long time, and especially their defense. That game wasn't over until the on-side kick with just under 2 minutes to go. Hamilton earned the Heisman that night on national TV in a loss and was robbed in the final vote.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have been fortunate to see several wins at Auburn, Georgia, and Clemson. One of the best games I have ever seen in person wasn't a win, the Little Joe express in Tallahasee. Younger folks on here don' t realize how good FSU was for a long time, and especially their defense. That game wasn't over until the on-side kick with just under 2 minutes to go. Hamilton earned the Heisman that night on national TV in a loss and was robbed in the final vote.
FSU cheated. Uncalled cheap shots on the QB after the whistle hobbled Lil' Joe, otherwise, he would have beaten them, and they knew it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
2016 UGA. We had around 15 GT parents in the UGA Letterman Club before the game. Everyone was very welcoming and gracious. They stick visitors in the middle of the student section on purpose. We had our moments ;). They were not really happy to see us in the Letterman Club after the game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
For me it was 2008 at uGa. I was at MaTech 2003-2007 so had suffered through 3 one score losses as a student. I grew up in the Gwinnett County area and it was a 45/45/10 split of my graduating class between GT/uGa/other so it always meant as much as possible. One of my best friends (still to this day a top ten of who I’d call if in trouble) played at Georgia so it made it all the more real.

Fast forward to 2008 and I went to the game with my dad, his dear friend (a major jowja donor) and his son. We had seats three rows up, on the 50yd line on the mutts sideline. We spent the whole day tailgating at their fraternity house. My dad and I both in pristine white and gold. Took all the grief we were given with poise and grace, then walked to the seats.

I’ll never forget the feeling of watching our boys finally get one over on em. Walking back from the game I vividly remember thanking our host, and in an effort to be polite mentioned I hated it for him that his team lost.

He responded, with the most true words I’ve ever heard about sports, by telling me not to spend a moment thinking of the opposition and only revel in the moment of success and remember the purpose of sport itself was to battle, and be tested and determine if what’s required to win was worth the effort.

That day, for our boys, we walked out as the winner.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
For me it was 1974 or maybe 1975 . The game was in Athens and it rained all night and that morning. It was cold and windy. I was given seats in the UGA section near the press box by my wife's neighbor. It was so miserable the band didn't march and left the game at halftime. We just flat wore them out that day. The only fans left in the fourth quarter were Tech fans. My wife spent the second half in the rest room. I will never forget that victory.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
For me it was 1974 or maybe 1975 . The game was in Athens and it rained all night and that morning. It was cold and windy. I was given seats in the UGA section near the press box by my wife's neighbor. It was so miserable the band didn't march and left the game at halftime. We just flat wore them out that day. The only fans left in the fourth quarter were Tech fans. My wife spent the second half in the rest room. I will never forget that victory.
It was ‘74. It was my third year at Tech. I had to drive in that rotten weather down to Griffin to pick up my grandparents and then take them up to North Carolina for Thanksgiving with my family. My Grandfather was a ugag fan since my uncle went to school there. He was proud of me for going to Tech, but still pulled for the dwags. Since I was driving we listened to Al Ciraldo. Pepper Rodgers and the wishbone really did dominate that day. I had not thought about that trip in many years. Thanks for reminding me.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
1984,,, In Athens, my buddy was a big GA fan… Invited me to a game where he thought he would “rub it in!!” We were picked to lose! He was in his black & red, me in my white & gold!
The ball bounced our way all day & we won 35-18!! Needless to say,, I was the obnoxious fan that day! We went to a local bar afterwards with me “high fiving” all the (sparse) GT fans there! I have to admit the Dog fans took it pretty well! No fights broke out. They seemed more p.o.ed with their team supposedly underperforming!?!?! A good day in the cesspool!!!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
2016 UGA. We had around 15 GT parents in the UGA Letterman Club before the game. Everyone was very welcoming and gracious. They stick visitors in the middle of the student section on purpose. We had our moments ;). They were not really happy to see us in the Letterman Club after the game.
“The Leap!”

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
'98 @ Ugag because it broke a 7-game losing streak to the Mutts. A very close second would be @ Ugag 2014. Third - 2008 @ Ugag.

Honorable mentions go to wins snatched from the jaws of defeat over Clemson in 2000 and 2004 in Death Valley.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
“The Leap!”
I'm still kicking myself for missing that one. The talent disparity in that game was enormous and the Jackets still managed to pull it off.
I think the Mutts had like 25 or 30 four-stars and 8 five-stars to our 2 or 3 four-star players, or something like that.
What a nail-biter. Really glad we won that one because I sensed it would be the last time for a while. Missed it because I didn't think we would win and didn't want to be there.
Oh, ye me, of little faith.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
The 2008, 2014 and 2016 UGA wins were great. The most memorable play was Harrison Butker's 53 yard FG. Searcy's lunge in 2016 second. Joe Hamilton's play in Tallahassee was incredible. After Mark Richt , Chris Weinke , Peter Warwick and company led FSU on a score on their first possession, Coach Friedgen lined us up in the wishbone on our first play. Joe hit Dez White on a circle route and White outran the FSU secondary for an 80 yard TD. At the time, I couldn't believe it. Joe was 25-28 that night and it was a coming out party for Kelly Campbell. FSU couldn't stop Josh Nesbit and company in the lightning game. We did not have a single punt that night. For the overall trip , I would say the 2014 trip to Blacksburg was the most memorable with my sons. 90 seconds left down by a TD with 4th and 15 in our triple option offense. I felt we were dead in the water. Justin hits Smelter for the first down and DJ makes a stunning interception at the end. It was incredible , but I knew we had something special going forward.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
1984,,, In Athens, my buddy was a big GA fan… Invited me to a game where he thought he would “rub it in!!” We were picked to lose! He was in his black & red, me in my white & gold!
The ball bounced our way all day & we won 35-18!! Needless to say,, I was the obnoxious fan that day! We went to a local bar afterwards with me “high fiving” all the (sparse) GT fans there! I have to admit the Dog fans took it pretty well! No fights broke out. They seemed more p.o.ed with their team supposedly underperforming!?!?! A good day in the cesspool!!!!
I did not enjoy that game. It was my SR year. The 84 GT team beat Ala and Clemson, lost to Auburn. Same as UGA. GT also played Tenn. GT played 4 SEC teams in the reg season. We were Top10 going into Fla. After that, we ran into Bo Jackson... Still top 20 heading into " Clean Ole Fashioned Hate". It was deff GT's day. Not one of my favorites ;).