Favorite road win

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
For me it was 1974 or maybe 1975 . The game was in Athens and it rained all night and that morning. It was cold and windy. I was given seats in the UGA section near the press box by my wife's neighbor. It was so miserable the band didn't march and left the game at halftime. We just flat wore them out that day. The only fans left in the fourth quarter were Tech fans. My wife spent the second half in the rest room. I will never forget that victory.
It was '74 and your description of the weather didn't do it justice. It was 34 degrees and raining--not just in the morning but during the game. That's worse than 20 degrees and snowing. But we were kicking their butts and I wasn't about to leave. The Georgie fans didn't feel the same way. The stadium was pretty empty by the fourth quarter. I didn't get warm until the next day.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Let me tell you about a little known last second gt road against Auburn in 1968.

This was during the 3 4w -6 w years on bud Carson. We didn't win by much and we didn't loose by much.

Took my first wife on road trip and the weather was cold and cloudy as a front was coming thru. Larry Good was QB . Auburn was very tough but Good went something like 23 of 27 and had us drive down towards goal as time was expiring. With score gt 18 Auburn 20 the fields goal unit ran on to the field. As I remember it time was in slow motion. THEN A WHOLE IN THE CLOUDS OPENED UP AND A BEAM OF GOLD SUNLIGHT SHINED ONTO THE PLAYERS. The kick was perfect and the 8 gt fans and I went berserk.
Still remember the Gold on the uniforms.