Favorite COFH win/moment?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I have a lot of great memories, but the one that came to mind first when I saw this thread was Scott Sisson kicking the game winner against UVA in 1990. I was not there but was watching the game with my Dad, I said I'm not sure I can watch, but we did standing up next to the TV and then went nuts !!!

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite has to be the third quarter in 2008. It felt like a dream. You joke about those kind of things happening at halftime down multiple scores, but you never expect it to actually happen. “All we gotta do is score, get a stop, score, get a fumble and score and we’ll have the lead” “yeah right”. But it happened.
Agreed. The second half of the '08 game was mystical. Jon Dwyer had a big run where he juked the defender to the ground. That seemed like a momentum shifter and then everything fell into place. The masterful play-calling by CPJ was on full display.

It's hard to explain the pure joy I experienced as I watched that Roddy Jones run down the sideline begin to unfold...I was high in the upper deck and we could see the play setting up.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. The second half of the '08 game was mystical. Jon Dwyer had a big run where he juked the defender to the ground. That seemed like a momentum shifter and then everything fell into place. The masterful play-calling by CPJ was on full display.

It's hard to explain the pure joy I experienced as I watched that Roddy Jones run down the sideline begin to unfold...I was high in the upper deck and we could see the play setting up.
I also remember the Josh Nesbitt 2-point conversion when he just bulled right up the middle.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

I remember him describing how their defensive plan had the CB man on DT. When CPJ saw this, he called the blocking scheme for DT go stalk the FS and the CB followed him all the way there leaving that edge wide open. All it took was a block on the OLB and we were off to the races.

Natehosch

Georgia Tech Fan
08,14,16 all great . I was at the 2016 one in Athens . Qua Searcy and the Austin twins went to school in a neighboring county . Awesome to watch them put it on that team from Athens . Looking forward to Saturday I’ll be there !